Chapter 29 ~ Challenge

I saw Arjun entering the room and I got up from my seat immediately

I saw Arjun entering the room and I got up from my seat immediately. He looked at the kid beside me and frowned.

"Who's this?", He asked and the little boy got up and bowed keeping the plate aside.

"Hey, sit and eat. You don't want to bow like this to anyone.", I said and he sat hesitantly.

"Aarthi was beating the hell out of this little boy. She said his father got some money to pay and now, his both parents died. He's alone with his little sister. Maybe we can provide him shelter, clothes, food and education."

"Yeah sure we can.", He said kneeling to the little boy's height.

"What's your dream to become, young man?", He asked with a smile. He's so polite.

"I want to join the military and participate in the wars, save people.."

"Wow. That's awesome. You'll be a good soldier?"

"Yes", he said proudly.

After few minutes of talking to that little boy, Arjun sent a soldier with him to arrange him a house and other necessities. He assured that little boy that they'll be not in poverty anymore. He said he'd take care of his studies, food and other needs.

After that little boy left, I plopped on the bed satisfied where he sat beside me.

"It was awesome spending time with him.", I said and he smiled.

"So... Ummm... You want kids? I mean, our kids.", He said smirking.

"I-I'm not ready for this no-"

"It's ok. I was just teasing you. I'm not going to have kids until I become the emperor of this dynasty.", He said determined.

"That's good.", I replied and there was a comfortable silence between us.

"Why everyone was looking at me strangely when I entered the palace?", He asked suddenly and I gulped. Would he scold me if he come to know I put them in cell. I decided to tell the truth.

"Because, I ordered the soldiers to put Aarthi and Chitra in cell.", I said looking at my lap.

"What!?", He asked shocked. His lips parted in shock.

"Why did you do that?", He asked and I rubbed his shoulder to calm him down.

"Calm down. I don't like it when you get angry. Aarthi was thrashing that little child brutally and when I asked, she called me daughter of a concubine. She just humiliated me infront of everything. So, I humiliated her back saying she have no rights to rule me. Then, I ordered the soldiers to arrest her and Chitra. They both were abusing a kid with harsh bad words. You saw how injured he was right?"

"Did they really do that to that kid?"

"I already told you Aarthi did that. You don't believe me?", I yelled angrily.