07 | Hockey Game

Zayden

Zayden

I haven't seen Ali smile yet. I was hoping when I asked her to come to my hockey game she would smile.

All I want right now is just to see her smile.

The first day I went to her house for a tutor session I noticed a picture of a little brunette girl. She looked so familiar to the brunette girl from my childhood.

When I got home that day I found a picture of me and that same exact brunette girl. And that's when I realized who she was.

That's why my expression dimmed when she said she's never met a Zayden before because the Zayden from her childhood was sitting right in front of her.

My hockey team and I are currently having a practice game with each other. The other team arrives in thirty minutes so our game starts soon.

Ali and Tate are already on the benches. They're engaging in a conversation that seems interesting but Ali's still not smiling.

Ali looks my way and catches me staring at her. She tilts her head and furrows her eyebrows a little bit.

"Hey, Zayden snap out of it" a hand waves in my face.

It's my best friend, Lukas. He looks the way I was looking and smirks at me.

"New girl, huh?"

"Bro, stop" I slap his side and stand up from the bench.

He chuckled from behind me and got on the ice for our practice.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Aliyia

The hockey game started thirty-five minutes ago. Our school is currently winning. Zayden has made about three goals on his own so far.

I didn't think he was that good. He's really working his ass off though I can tell.

He's made a few glances at me before and during the game, making me wonder what that's all about.

Actually, I've seen him looking at me a lot. Maybe he's judging me. I hope that's not the case.

As Zayden goes for another goal he whips his head over to me and Tate, throws a wink our way then shoots the final goal of the game.

Everyone from our school was cheering loudly, practically screaming at this point.

The hockey team was surrounding Zayden, cheering him on as well.

Tate told me that after a school wins a game, people from that school are allowed to go on the rink and cheer them on from up close so that's exactly what we did along with other people from our school.

My arm was locked with Tate's arm, as we walked onto the ice being very careful not to slip.

Tate slipped away for a moment to go congratulate her boyfriend leaving me on the ice alone. I started carefully walking back to the bleachers not wanting to wait on the ice anymore. As I sat on the bleachers I saw everyone crowded in one area.

Practically everyone is crowding Zayden because he shot the scoring goal, but his eyes are searching for something else, or someone else.

My head drops down to the ground and I stare at my red converse. Just as I was about to stand up and leave I feel a light wind brush past me as someone sits down beside me. "Hey," the voice says.

Zayden.

"Hi, congratulations" I admire his eyes for a moment. They are incredibly gorgeous. I could stare at it all day.

"Thank you, Ali" he sighs.

"Is something wrong? You just scored the winning goal how come you don't seem happy?" I ask concerned.

"No nothing is wrong. I'm just upset I haven't seen you smile yet" he confesses.

I got really taken back by this. He's concerned that he hasn't seen me smile yet. It's not like he should waste his time worrying about that.

"You shouldn't be worried about seeing me smile, focus on your goal. Anyways look I can smile" I shoot him a fake smile.

"But I want to see your real smile. I promise you, I'll make you smile one of these days" he frowns, studying my expression.

Oh.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

😈😈😈 they need to get together already I'm impatient and I'm the one writing this. Yeah, anyways Ali has not realized who Zayden is !!! But this smart ass figured out who she was already.

Ok, bye hope u enjoyed 💐💐