22 | Under The Sun

Aliyia

For the two hours I've been in Hawaii, I'm already in love with it. It's just as I always imagined it. Well, considering we are on the "rich" side of Hawaii. I'm very aware that there is a good and bad side to each country.

I wish I changed into my sandals before coming to the beach so I could feel the sand on my feet without the struggle of taking off my converse. Taking off converse is the worst thing ever. They just never want to come off.

The beach is not as crowded as I thought it would be. Only two or three families, old people, and I think one couple.

I can't get enough of the view. With my incredible senses, I can feel a pair of eyes going through the back of my head. I turn to Zayden and smile a little. "The view is beautiful"

"It really is," He said, staring directly into my eyes. Swimming sounds good right now, but I don't have my bathing suit on me and I don't want to get my clothes wet. And either way, it would be best to go swimming with the group. But Lukas and Tate are too busy getting freaky.

Like some romance movie or book, Zayden asks a question only the main love interest would ask. "Shall we take a stroll through the beach?" Of course, I cannot say no to that. I want to see more of this place anyways. "We shall."

Zayden leads the way, taking us to the right side of the beach. We pass by a few of the old people and shoot each of them small smiles.

"You're so lucky you get to come here for vacations and stuff," I said, looking at the waves before turning to look at him but he was already staring at me. "Well, I used to live somewhere else and I miss it there. Honestly, I wish we could go there for vacation instead."

He told me he used to live somewhere else but never told me where. "Oh, Where did you live before?" He looks up at the sky, then back at me, and prints a smile on his face. "Oregon"

No fucking way. My jaw drops to the floor and left walking beside this guy feeling speechless. How come he never told me this. And he knows I'm from there yet he never told me.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I ask, decreasing my walking speed. "Well, it just didn't cross my mind to tell you."

"But I told you I moved from Oregon, didn't that click any bells for you?"

Zayden sighs and shrugs. "I don't know Ali, it just didn't cross my mind okay?" He sounds frustrated now. Oops, I think I came off as harsh, but I mean it's not my fault is it? I wish he told me, who knows we could've been friends.

No, I doubt we were friends. I'm sure mine and his personalities would be different years ago. I think I'd hate a guy like him.

"Sorry" I mumble, taking one last glance at him before turning my attention back to the waves. Zayden doesn't speak for a while and we just walk along the beach in awkward silence.

Zayden breaks the awkward silence with a question that made my stomach rumble. "Do you want to grab a bite somewhere? I know a good place." Immediately yes.

My answer wasn't any less awkward than the silence before. "Uh, sure." That sounded quite rude. It just came out, I didn't mean it to sound rude or anything like that.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Okay, Zayden did not lie about this place being good. I just ordered one of their deluxe sandwiches and it's like heaven in my mouth. Whatever ingredients they used are just right. Enough seasoning, veggies, enough everything.

I have to stop myself from moaning at the delicious bite I just took. "This is fucking amazing," I say with a stuffed mouth.

Zayden furrows his eyes brows and looks at me weirdly. "Don't talk with your mouth stuffed, have manners." This bitch. I raise my hand and give him the middle finger, taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper drink.