Welcome Back, Anya!

Becky hurriedly went out as soon as the car door was opened.

"ANYA!"

Becky's arms flew around her friend.

"I'm here, Becky," said a beaming Anya.

"I'm so glad!" Becky exclaimed. "I was kinda worried your parents would hold you again for another day."

"They were a bit worried, but at least I will just be sitting in class today," Anya said. "They kept telling me not to tire myself out."

"Well you really shouldn't! After all, we don't want your fever back." Becky paused. "But you know, I really missed you yesterday at the Planetarium."

Becky then whispered something to Anya.

"Ooohhh and while you're away.... I discovered your little secret!" Becky said with a wide, teasing grin.

"Huh? What secret?" Anya looked at her friend.

"Don't deny it to me, Anya... About the flower and the date to a fancy restaurant!" Becky said. She was referring to what Ewen and Emile said about Damian and Anya when they approached her to bring their 'get well soon' gifts to her friend. Anya wore a waiting expression for Becky to elaborate.

"You're going out with Desmond and you're not telling your best friend! It broke my heart, you know! I deserve to know your lovelife!" She said with a fake sobbing voice.

"Ahhh..." Anya curtly replied.

"What 'Ah'? That's all you're gonna say to a— bleeding friend?!" Becky exclaimed.

"Becky, you're overreacting to this you know." Anya began to explain herself. "I'm not going out with him like he formally invited me or so. It just happened that he was hungry and I was hungry too so I tagged along. As for the flower...it doesn't mean anything! It's just that it's better for me to hold it than a boy." Anya reasoned while blushing slightly.

'And it's for world peace... that's all there is to it.' Anya thought to herself.

"But he tucked the flower on your ear! Not anyone would do that, especially Desmond! He's like a prince around here! Not like he really is one, nor do I treat him as one, given his attitude," a pouting Becky said.

"Really, Becky, you've interpreting it in a different way." Anya told her friend. "It was nothing. It just so happened you know."

"Wait..." Anya thought she saw Becky's eyes sparkle, as if a brilliant(?) idea flew by. "I see now... I see! Marvelous, Desmond! Everything blended in with the 'circumstances' so well like they're 'mere coincidences'! I am impressed, really, but I am not letting you fool my dear friend." Becky said to herself. Anya can be seen scratching her head.

Anya sighed. "I think your novels have clouded your vision of what is actually happening, Becky." She paused. "Think carefully. Sy-on boy, a Desmond, a son of a wealthy and influential family — you of all people know how absurd it is to link him — of all people — to me." Anya pointed out. However, Becky got even more excited, to her surprise.

"Ha!" Becky squealed. "A forbidden love! The story of two lovers of different social classes — or two different worlds. They love each other truly but the people and their circumstances prevent them from being together. What a tragedy." She turned to Anya whose one hand is now on her forehead. "The story just gets even better as we speak, Anya!"

'It's hopeless to argue with her now.' Anya thought. Becky's eyes clearly show how obsessed she is with whatever story she's written in her head.

The two finally stepped inside the classroom. As soon as they entered, the girls at the back started gossiping. At the same time, two boys at the back elbowed their friend who was busy writing on his notebook. Because his concentration was disrupted, Damian noticed Anya enter the room.