The Ostania National Culture Day

(Author's Note: Hello! Spy x Family S1 Part 2 trailer recently came out and inspired me to write again. I now toggled the switch back to 'on-going'! 🙏🏻

This is a three-part series. Hope you'd enjoy!)

~~~~~

"Aaaaaooooaaaahhhhhh..."

Loid yawned as he stretched out in bed and lazily reached for his alarm clock.

'That was a restful sleep,' he thought. He slowly opened his eyes.

With his curtains parted, the sun's rays illuminated the four corners of the room. He took the blanket over his face to shield himself from the sudden brightness.

His schedule for the day crossed his mind.

'I still barely run out of things to do.' He sighed.

Loid stood and fixed his bed. The back of his throat slightly itched so he figured it was time to go to the kitchen.

He reached out for a glass from the cabinet to savor a peaceful and refreshing morning drink when he noticed something.

'A reusable cold straw cup? Must be the one from Midori.'

He noticed handwriting on the side.

'This cup is for: Damian'.

His eyes widened and immediately narrowed.

'How come? They can't have intentionally exchanged cups.' He took a finger to his chin.

'What if... Anya accidentally took his cup? Did she even realize? I must probably remind her again to be mindful.' He scratched his head.

He proceeded to take his drink before he started to cook their breakfast.

~~~~~

That morning, the Forgers ate at the dining table together as usual.

"Anya, how are you being friends with Damian lately?" Loid inquired.

"Anya is doing her best to become friends with him, Papa!" she replied.

"Really? That's good," he acknowledged. But his anxiety would not leave him. Somehow, he's still worried.

"Don't worry, Loid. I think they're getting along quite well," Yor said with a smile.

Loid turned to her. "Why is that, Yor?" he asked.

"Well, because yesterday when I couldn't pick her up in school, Damian brought her home," Yor said.

Loid almost vomited his black coffee back to the cup.

"He brought you home, Anya?" he asked.

"Hmm-mmm!" Anya replied. "Mama said it's okay when we called her."

"I'm sorry, Loid. There's a lot to do in the City Hall lately. I apologize for not being able to do my duty as her mother," Yor said.

"N-no, it's okay, Yor. I was also a bit busy lately," he replied.

'But for Damian to bring her home... Hmmm... Has he forgiven her then?' Loid thought. Anya caught his mind and chose to keep quiet.

'Anya missed the bus that time because I cried to Becky about... things. I should keep quiet.' Anya thought, dreading her father to stalk her again at Eden if he'd know that she's attracting the ire of some students.

"Okay, Anya. Make sure not to burden Damian with that again. He must have no choice then because you can't just go home on your own," Loid reminded Anya.