Chapter 2

{Scar's POV}

After my passive-aggressive comment Grian headed for the shower. The tranquility in the room made my eyes wander. It was the first time I properly inspected his room. The blanket on his bed was a deep shade of red with white sheets. The pillows were also white, with a little red cushion in the middle. It worked well with the rest of the room and it was a very comfortable bed. The wooden frame of it was a chestnut colour. The walls were a slight shade of cream with chestnut coloured wooden shelves cleverly dotted throughout the medium-sized room. Different kinds of figurines stood on each one besides other decorative or useful items like potted plants, tissue boxes, and more. On one side of his bed was a bedside table of the same material as the bed's frame. On the other side was a full-length mirror hanged on the wall that was probably a little taller than Grian. The room had a light wood flooring with a rectangular light grey carpet under a chestnut brown wooden desk with 3 drawers on one side. The small window above his bed really brought the whole room together. It was such a nice place.

I sat alone on the bed, the faint sounds of water running creating an enjoyable white noise. My mind went back to the conversation we just had. I could still feel the burning feeling of his guilt and anguish. It tore my heart apart and I didn't know why, it's not like we were best friends. I just assumed I was feeling strong empathy towards him. My mind started asking a bunch of questions, I was now curious. What did he eat? Did he ever go out for fresh air? Does he have a balcony? Did he ever leave his room? What did he do for all that time? I really wanted to ask him but I knew that I shouldn't, at least not yet. He's still in such a fragile state and if I make one tiny mistake it might be back to square one.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice Grian standing right in front of me. "Scar, you okay?" He asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up, slightly startled. He was wearing a big black hoodie that went down to the middle of his thighs and a pair of long black and red horizontally stripped socks that went just above his knees. His blood red shorts nearly reached the end of his hoodie. He was looking really pretty. A slight blush crept up my face as that thought entered my mind. Why am I even thinking this? After another minute of just staring into his majestic sapphire blue eyes my brain clicked and his question finally processed in my mind.

"Oh, me, yeah I'm okay. Just thinking." The blush on my face got worse with embarrassment, I must seem so odd.

He nodded as to say something along the lines of 'That's good, just checking in'. I was about to ask him if he was hungry when I heard monstrous sounds coming from his stomach. I chuckled a bit, proposing to make him a nice meal, "Do you want me to make dinner?"

He gave me another nod and I left the room to go to the kitchen, until I realized I didn't know where that was, and went back to the room. I walked inside sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck with embarrassment. He just laughed at me. It was such a soft, cute, pure little laugh that I couldn't help but laugh myself. It was magical that just about two hours ago he was such a sad mess and that now he was clean and bursting with laughter. When we both stopped laughing he walked in front of me, taking my hand as he passed by me. He lead me to the kitchen and let go of my hand.

"There's not much, and most of it probably isn't good anymore since I haven't done groceries in, well, a very long time. Sorry." He announced with a mixture of sadness, and disappointment.

"Don't be sorry, I'm confident I can figure something out. I like the challenge anyways!" I looked at him and smiled, before heading for the cupboards, cabinets, and fridge to see what he has left.