10. 'A Day Out'

"Hey Deneo!" Nara says answering the door, a big smile on her face.

"Hey Nara," Deneo replies her heart racing at Nara's dazzling smile.

"The kids are taking an early bath, hurry up, let's go to the bathroom," Nara says taking Deneo's hand.
"We're going for a walk to the V&A Waterfront," Nara says explaining her excitement.

"Oh, is that nearby?" Asks Deneo unsure.

"It's close enough. We'll take an uber at some point in the walk."

"You excited to go out with mommy?" Nara remarks tickling the kids. They gurgle at her, Rumble screaming "stop".

"We're gonna get ice cream, yes we are," Nara teases tickling them all the more. Deneo is giddy with laughter, loving the sound of the two gurgling at their mother.

All washed up Nara and Deneo walk the kids out in their prams. They jog for a while, but Deneo's asthma kicks up, her chest burning, incredibly tight, she begs Nara's mercy to walk again. And so they do, strolling on the pavement crusting the sea. As the wind buffets the water, the splash of the waves encroaches on the shoreline. Quite simply, a vision to behold.

In about 15 minutes, an uber ride away, the company of four meets the grand entrance of 'The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront'. They encounter musicians in bands, boutiques, amusement park rides, and an ice cream shop from which they purchase two soft twirls (for the kids), and an avalanche each for the ladies. They end the day off with a sailing boat trip which proves sickening for Deneo, who ends up with a low level of seasickness. No, she doesn't bark at the ants but her stomach loosens. An embarrassing time for Deneo who has to be waited for by the restrooms, leaving Nara to take care of the kids for something close to half an hour.

The walk back is tedious, at least for Deneo, Nara still a bundle of energy jogging more than walking the way home. They take another uber about a five minute walk away from the hotel reaching its quarters tiresome and hungry.

The ladies warm up two jars of 'Purity' and feed the young ones while nibbling on ham and cheese sandwiches.

"Papa" and "Daddy" are heard as Lucky waves at the kids, making his way inside the suite. Nara playfully eludes Lucky, he wrestling a hold and kiss out of her. Breath-taking, to say the least, for both the couple and the single on-looker.

Deneo and Nara nap the kids while Lucky takes a shower.

"Aren't we gonna eat at the restaurant later?" Questions Deneo seeing Lucky make it out of the bathroom in a robe and pyjama pants, he towelling his hair dry.

"No, I'm bushed today. You and Nara can go without me," is Lucky's suggestion.

"But what are you gonna eat dear? We finished the bread this evening," Nara states making her way to the kitchen ruffling through the cupboards.

"Oh no Hun. What now? I'm too tired to do dinner tonight," Lucky tells his wife.

"I'll just order a big dinner and save some of it for you," Nara offers closing the cupboards.

"Thanks love," responds Lucky before disappearing to put away his towel.

As the three chat in front of the tv, two yawns in Lucky and Nara decide to excuse Deneo to her suite. After a shower, as she tries to nap, Austin and Maya keep her up talking about their day out and the couple's kiss. While they enjoy some laughs Deneo at dinner later is clumsy from being sleep-deprived. She spills some of her tea on her lap and smudges some sauce on her crisp white shirt. Nara makes sport, calling her an art canvas. They laugh over this and a lot of laughs they have with Deneo's ditzy brain. They have difficulty finishing their portions with all the playfulness, but chomping down her food, inspiring more giggles, Deneo is soon done and once again freed to go sleep. 

Yet, to her misfortune, Maya and Austin are still chatty and Deneo misses a few winks over it, waking up to her alarm going off at 07h30, on the wrong side of bed. As she sits up in bed her brain strains to remember a dream she's just had: Lucky and Nara kissing passionately, and then Deneo walking into the scene before she and Lucky also share an ardent kiss. This is definitely not what's making her mood sour, and if anything it raises her spirits to thinking she'll be able to get through the day alright.

As Deneo struggles out of bed, she hears a knock on her door. She exerts herself to go answer.

On the other side of the door, Lucky startles before laughing, gesturing at Deneo's now cemented drool. Deneo gasps feeling her face before bolting to the bathroom.