2

|A week later|
|University of NEV|

I stopped pulling my suitcase. Taking in the fresh environment, I almost forgot how it is to be outside. The reception was busy with many tenants going in and out. Some were dining at the buffet across the room. I felt foreign.

It was my turn to speak with the receptionist. I fixed on my best smile which isn't the widest, "Hello, how can I help you?" the receptionist asked.

"HI, I came to get my dorm room keys."

"Check-in was yesterday." She chewed her gum while looking at me then smirked.

"At least I am here before tomorrow." I chuckled nervously.

"Only because I like what I see, I won't give you trouble" She attempted to flirt. Leaving me in discomfort.

Thanks...?

"Full name please."

"Keegan Axelle Bierman." I tightened my jaw the name choices. What was my mother thinking?

She typed on the computer and handed me my keys, "207" She said.

"Second floor?"

"Third. NEXT"

"Thank you!"

I dragged my suitcase and walked to the elevator. I pressed number three and an elevator came quickly. I entered and took the lift which left me on the third floor.

It was not busy, there was a little drinking area here. Feels like a hotel, mom must have really been saving for me to live in such standard. Need to find a job soon, sigh.

I read the signs taking a left and reached 207. I knocked and felt the door it was open. I let myself in and immediately I was flustered.

This is almost like an apartment!

Wide open concept, a modern kitchen on my right. Three wooden doors and one and all far apart from one another. I closed the door.

A girl came out of the room close to the window. She had puffy piggy tails, brown skin In complexion and she was a bit chubby but she looked gorgeous.

"And then?" She started.

"HI?"

"Are you the Keegan we have been expecting?"

"HE IS HERE??" Another shouted.

"SEEMS SO!"

"Yes it is me. Sorry the wait, I know it's a bit inconvenience."

"You are a girl— shit I'm sorry." She almost panicked after looking at me for some time. I chuckled.

"It's okay, I get that a lot. I am Keegan as you know."

"Paxton, nice to meet you." She smiled at me heading to the kitchen.

"Unique, which one is my room?"

"Far left."

I nodded and walked slightly past the living room and opened my door. The room was fairly spacious. Painted in Grey and white. Grey bedding with a queen size bed, a study desk, a bookshelf, a small television mount, a spacious wardrobe and the best part was the view. I was in love. I carefully took off my backpack, placing it on the floor then plopped myself onto the bed.

Soft as clouds, my body sinking in. I could easily doze off to sleep. I quickly sat up and took out my phone. Judging by the time difference they should be busy. I switched off my phone placing it in my pocket. Debating whether to unpack or just go for a walk.