14 (Finale!)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Mizzen sail demobilized, Captain!" B.E.N reported. "Thrusters at only 30% of capacity."

"30%?" Dr. Doppler questioned. "That means we're...We'll never clear the planet's explosion in time."

A worried expression flashed across my face as I listened in on the conversation. Jim quickly leaned over the railings to see what he could do. "We gotta turn around." Jim spoke up.

"What?" The Captain and I asked. I watched as Jim jumped over to the generator part and I followed after him.

"There's a portal back there." Jim looked at me, "It can get us out of here!"

"Pardon me, Jim." Dr. Doppler stammered. "But didn't that portal open onto a raging inferno?"

"Yes!" He said, ripping apart a wall from the pile of clutter. "But I'm gonna change that. I'm gonna open a different door."

"Captain, really, I-I don't see how this is possible..." Dr. Doppler said to her.

"Listen to the boy!" Dad said, walking down to us.

"One minute, 29 seconds till planet's destruction!" B.E.N calculated, his eyes forming into a timer.

"What do you need, Jim?" I was open to suggestions.

"Just some way to attach this!"

"All right, lads, stand back!" Dad said, gently pushing me aside. "Stand back now!" His hand turned into a torch and sealed the two parts together. The three of us hauled it up together. "There you go."

"There you go!" Morph said, in between me and Jim.

We were sliding it onto the rail of the ship, and Jim jumped on the solar board. "Okay, now no matter what happens, keep the ship heading straight for that portal."

"Jim, I-" I started to say, and he looked at me with a soft smile.

"You stay here with the others this time." He said. "And no, you can't sneak underneath this thing because I'll be watching." He smiled at me, and I had a worried look on my face.

"Fifty-eight seconds!" B.E.N called out.

Jim turned to look back at me and I frowned at him. "I'll be back, (Y/n)." He assured me and he pressed the pedal on the back of the solar board. "I promise!"

Jim soared out of there, and we protected our faces from the fire that spewed out from the generator. I hurried over to lean over the rail of the ship to watch him.

"Well, you heard him!" Dad shouted to the crew, as I stared at Jim fly away. "Get this blasted heap turned 'round!"

Captain Amelia just stared at Dad and then nodded respectfully. "Doctor, head us back to the portal." She ordered.

"Aye, Captain."

My eyes were peeled to watch Jim dodging debris that flew in his way. Suddenly, I couldn't see him anymore. I winced, falling back into the ship once Dr. Doppler crashed into something. "Go to the right, the right!" Captain Amelia shouted.

"I know, I know!" Dr. Doppler shouted back. "Will you just let me drive?!"

"Twenty-five seconds!" B.E.N shouted.

I saw the light at the back of Jim's solar board go out. "I swear, Jim, if you don't come back to me..." I prayed silently, hoping no one heard me, and I felt Dad place a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on, lad..." He also prayed.

"Seventeen seconds!"

Morph covered his face and looked away, making worried sounds as he buried his face into my shoulder. We flew over the pit, and I looked back just in time to see Jim coming back up. I wrapped my arms around Dad, and buried my face. We were too late.