Chapter 21

Hello everyone,
Hope you are all doing good.
(Above I pin Siya's mangalsutra picture)

Here is the new update
Enjoy Reading!
********************************
Reception Party Day
Siya Pov

"Dadi, prasad," she forwards her hand as I place it and touch her feet. Patting my head, she said, "God bless you, child." Smiling at her, I move to distribute prasad to everyone and take everyone's blessing.

Taking my place in the dining room, we have our breakfast in a rush because today is the reception party and everyone is super busy with arrangements. Ruhaan Ji and Papa completed their breakfast hurriedly and left to look after the decoration and other arrangements.

Today, the maids were managing the kitchen on Dadi's order, and she dared me to do any work as I am the bride and I shouldn't look dull and exhausted at the party. She and Mumma are so excited and can't wait to introduce me as Ruhaan's wife to the relatives.

Dadi dragged Vi with her, as he is responsible for preparing rooms for relatives and also picking them up from the airport and railway station. Poor boy! So Dadi sends him to pick up someone important.

"Siya beta, the designer sent your dress; go and see if the measurement is correct. Also, I ordered your heels; go see if you will like them." Nodding at her, I make my way to my room. As I enter the room, I see Ruhaan Ji is also present there, but he is busy doing something on paper while talking on his phone as he has his AirPods.

"Are you doing something important?" I slowly whisper, hoping I am not disturbing him. Shaking his head, he gestures for me to come in. I walked to our bed, where my dress was placed neatly along with my new heels. I ran my hand to feel the embroidery under my finger. It is gorgeous yet elegant. Just my type.

Suddenly, my eyes fell on the black man's suit. So, he is going to wear this today. The colour of our outfit is completely contrasting yet perfectly matching. I looked towards him, who is still busy on a call, with his serious face, as if the person on the other side was seeing him.

Living with him for the past few days, I have noticed that he is a very caring, loving, and respectful person but doesn't really show it openly. He sometimes also shows his soft and gentle side to me. Talking is not his thing, but his silence is full of feelings he wanted to show. He is the living example of the saying, ' Action speaks louder than words.'

Even though our marriage happened in not-so-good circumstances, he gives me everything that a wife wants from her husband: care, respect, freedom, and trust. I am not sure about love, but again, love is not everything in a relationship. Also, it is not hard to fall in love with a person like him. I mean, he is the epitome of perfection, from his appearance to his beautiful heart.

I'm concluding that he is a perfect son, a perfect grandson, a perfect brother, a perfect friend, and my perfect husband.

"SIYA!!" A loud voice made me come out of my thoughts. And my husband, who is standing in front of me, was the one who shouted in my ears, making me almost deaf. "What happens? Why are you shouting like this?" I ask as I check my hearing ability by clicking my fingers near my ears, and I sigh in relief when I find out my ears are working perfectly.

Seeing my act, he rolled his eyes at me and said, "Are you done with your drama now?". Pouting my lips, I looked at him and nodded my head yes. "Come sit here and wait a minute." After making me sit on the couch, he went inside the closet. 'What is there in the closet?' I thought in confusion.

Within a minute, he comes outside the closet with a silver box and sits on the chair next to me. Opening the box in front of me, he asks, "Do you like it?". There is a beautiful and heavy diamond necklace set in the box, in which the diamonds shine like stars.

"Beautiful!" I whispered as my finger gazed at it lightly. Facing him, I ask, "But whose necklace is this?" "Yours," he said, making me shocked. "But why? I already have, and I didn't need more."

"This is my wedding gift for you." After he placed it in my hands and patted his hand over mine twice before strolling towards the door, I just kept looking at his back. Opening the door, he turns back to me, making me frown at him, but soon a big grin appears upon hearing him.

"I would like you to wear this to today's party." And walked away from there, leaving me with my stupid blush. Placing my hand over my heart, I dramatically fell back on the couch and whispered to myself, 'Hayyee! I am clean-bowled, Mr. Roy.'

In the evening

"She always hates me, yaar!" Shruti is so annoyed right now. Giving her a sympathetic look, I said, "It's ok, Shruti; now forget about her and focus on me." With a huff, she focuses on my top, which she is adjusting.

She is irritated and annoyed because of Dadi Masi, whom I mentioned as an important guest. She is so strict and scary. I can feel the dangerous aura around her. When Dadi introduced me to her, she just kept looking at me from behind with her scrutinising eyes, which made me a hell of a lot nervous. And without saying anything, she just went to her room with Dadi.

Mumma told me that she is Dadi's elder sister and really close to him as she is her only family from her maternal side. She is always like this—cold and silent. I don't really mind her behaviour.

"Done, now go and wear your lehenga, quick!" and shoved me into my closet with my lehenga. My hair and makeup are already done by the makeup artists. I just have to change my palazzo into my lehenga.

Ruhaan Ji and others are also ready and looking after the guests and relatives as they start to arrive.

Fastening my lehenga dhori, I come out of the closet. "God! Why are you so pretty, yaar?" Shruti said, eyeing my look in awe. "Don't exaggerate, Shruti," I said, waving my hand to her while turning towards the dressing table to wear my earrings.

"And look at you, girl, looking all hot and sexy in the saree." I winked at her through the mirror's reflection. She just flips her hair back haughtily, making both of us chuckle.

I completed my whole look with a necklace set given to me by Ruhaan Ji. I nodded my head to myself in the mirror, as now I am satisfied with my look.