25

He is my boyfriend. You can say anything you want in front of him. Zhan ge's voice echoed in my ear.

Boyfriend? Honestly, I didn't know when it slipped out.

Yeah, he replied with a grin. Zhan ge smiled sheepishly at him.

Hmm, it's... Nothing..., it's nothing. Just wanted to check up on you. Have a good day, I said and turned to leave. When I saw his dad walk into the garden.

Zhan, can you tell your guest to excuse us? I want to talk to you and Yibo. Mr. Xiao said, walking towards us.

Zhan ge laughed and got up. When did you get so close to Yibo that you want to talk to him, dad?

He sat on the chair opposite Zhan ge and said, "Today is the first day.".

Well, I'm busy, dad, and this is my boyfriend, so I'd like to be alone. Whatever you discuss with Yibo, you can tell me all about it later. He pulled the guy, and they walked out.

Zhan, Mr. Xiao yelled, but I told him to let him go and that I was fine. I smiled and walked straight to my room. It didn't even occur to me that Nana and Mrs Xiao  were in the living room.

I walked into my room and slammed the  door. Now I'm angry at myself for letting things get to me. This isn't the first time he has broken my heart and he will do it again. I'm so upset because I was hoping I'd have another chance with him since Ziyi is out of the way but I thought wrong. It will take a few weeks or months to get over him. I  don't even know why I am crying. The pain is unbearable. Oh, God.

And now my stomach hurt, so I crawled out of bed and walked to the bathroom, opened the cabinet, and took a painkiller. Hopefully, I will feel better and I didn't even know when I slept off.

When I woke up, I saw Nana, Mr. and Mrs. Xiao talking over tea in the living room. Greeting them, I sat next to Nana.

Yibo, Mrs. Xiao called my attention, so I turned to her. Sorry about what Zhan did to you.

There's nothing to be sorry about, mother. Not like I expect him not to have a  boyfriend. I'm glad he found someone and seems happy.

Hey, how about you? She asked.

I'm fine mother, whatever happens will happen. Not like I will force him to be with me. I said playing with my nails.

Not after everything you've been through, Mrs. Xiao retorted.

Please, he's been through a lot too, and he deserves happiness. I'm happy as long as he's happy.

Poor child, you sacrificed so much. Mrs. Xiao sobbed.

Please stop. I did what I did because it was the right thing to do; I didn't do it in exchange for anything. That was why I said not to tell him. Then he'll feel indebted to me, and I don't want that.

Pearl's call came in and I was happy she called to lighten the mood.

Hey, baby! How are you?.

I'm fine papa, when will you be back? She whined.

I will be back in two days. I feel a lot better now. Talk to your grandpa, grandma, and great-grandma. I gave Nana the phone and left. If I hadn't left when I did. I was sure I'd cry in front of them. I don't know why I love him so much. Oh, Zhan ge, please  find your way back to me. Sobbing uncontrollably, I buried my face in my  pillow to avoid them hearing me.

I will see him later, but right now, let me rest and take care of myself for my daughter. It's nearly impossible to imagine life without her. It appears she has been a replacement for her dad, and now that we are not together, my heart hurts from missing them.

Despite Nana's presence, I feign sleeping as I cover myself with a duvet and hide my face under a pillow. She sighed, dropped my phone, and walked out of my room.

With an empty mind, I turned to face the ceiling and counted my teeth for what felt like an eternity. By the time I stood up from bed, it was 8 p.m. I headed to the dining room to eat dinner and by the time I got to Zhan ge's house; it was 8:30 pm.

I knocked and waited for them to get to the door, but no one did. Once I knocked again, I heard the door click open as I turned to leave.

Hey Yibo, the familiar guy called my name with a smug grin on his face. His  chest was bare as he wore a short. I wondered what Zhan ge saw in him; he wasn't that sexy at all, really. He's toned and has abs, but I don't find him sexy.

Is Zhan around? I stared at him with rage.

Yes, could you please wait and let me tell him you're here? He said he wasn't expecting anyone and I thought it was his parents.

In his turn to leave, I hold the door with my foot, having had enough of his stupid and annoying talk. You can't come in. He frowns at me.

I didn't utter a word to him, I just walked past him and walked to Zhan ge's room.

You can't go in, he doesn't want to see you. He yelled at me.

I'm sure Zhan ge heard him scream. Attempting to enter, I held the door handle when Zhan ge opened the door and blocked the entrance.

Yes, what do you want? I couldn't believe how cold he sounded. He wore grey joggers but his chest was bare, damn he looked so sexy with his pale skin despite knowing he was recovering. I just want to smash my lips on his and lick the mole underneath his bottom lip. I miss him so much. As my cock twitched, I held my breath, trying not to moan.

What do you want? His voice broke me out of my trance, and I swore for him mentally.

Can... can we talk, please? I sounded like a needy girl and I hated it.

You can say whatever you want to say. He raises his eyebrows to look at me, and his face shows no sign of joy or sadness. It was just blank.

Can he please excuse us? I pleaded.

No, I can't leave you with my boyfriend. The annoying guy's voice echoed from behind me. I had forgotten he was there.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were here. Can I please talk to your boyfriend for a few minutes?

Baby, do you want to talk to him? He asks Zhan ge.

If he will speak in front of you, yes, I will listen to him. If he won't talk in front of you, I'm not listening to him. Zhan said and smiled at him. As my heart sank, I forgot what I had wanted to say. All I did was bite my bottom lip, turned, and left.