one

"I'll see you later, mum," I shout from the front door, letting the night breeze wander over my body. 

"I love you, Hazel. Just remember to be back on time. I don't want you strolling back here at 1 am!" I hear my mother's voice say from upstairs. 

"Can't promise anything," I joke, shutting the door, and walking down the steps of my veranda. 

I see a beat-up car parked across the road, and rush towards it, knowing that my friends wait inside the vehicle.

When I pull open the passenger seat door, I slide myself in, letting a large smile form on my face. After tonight, I'm probably going to go deaf, since I have heard that this concert is crazily loud. 

My eyes meet with Evie's, and she gives me a sly smirk, knowing that we are about to have the time of our lives. 

To see Taylor Swift has been a dream of mine since I was in the womb, and finally, I'm having the chance to see her sing. Live!

I squeal inside my head as the car begins rolling towards the concert destination. I stay quiet for most of the ride, saving my energy for the crazy night to come. 

Liz is driving since she turned sixteen a couple of months ago. She may only have her learner plate, but that doesn't matter, since she is a very safe and cautious person.

The car clocks up to one hundred and sixty kilometers an hour, and I suddenly take back whatever I just thought.

This girl is reckless!

Eventually, we stop at a carpark, and the three of us run to the entrance but are stopped by a gruelingly long line. 

I sigh in frustration and check my phone for the time. 9:59 pm. I'm still fine, I have two hours until I have to be home. 

"Wait, Ze what time do you have to leave?" Evie asks me curiously, tipping her head to the side to gauge my response.

"Mum said to be back by twelve, but I'm sure that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I arrived half an hour later," I reply, nodding my head to ease myself.

After that, we go silent. My friends and I may be a trio, but we work very well. We always make sure that there isn't one person who is left out.

We get to the front of the line, and I pull my phone out, needing my virtual ticket to pass through the gates. 

The burly security guard scans my ticket, and mumbles the rehearsed line of 'have a good night.' I quietly thank the man, before rushing to my friends who wait behind the gates, for me.

I let out my first happy scream of the night, as we find the location of our seats. 

"Oh my god!" I shout in happiness as I look from my phone to the chair numbers.

How on Earth, has Liz gotten us seats in the third row from the front?!

"How did- why did- I love you so much," I exclaim, pulling Liz into a massive bear hug, ignoring the people behind us, who are shouting for us to 'move along.'

Liz and I let them pass before Evie tackles us into a group hug. We sway back and forth for a couple of seconds, but eventually pull away, sitting in our assigned spots. Evie goes to the end, I sit in the middle, and Liz is on the other end.

I grab the hands of both of my friends, as the concert begins. I can feel myself begin to faint as I see the one and only Taylor Swift walk onto the humungous stage. Everything becomes blurry, as tears of pure happiness leak from my eyes. 

I'm sitting three rows back from Taylor Swift, as she performs a once in a lifetime concert, and best of all, I'm sitting with the greatest friends any teenage girl could ask for. 

"Are you ready to hear me sing, Australia?!" I hear her shout with a microphone. 

The loudest roar I have ever heard is emitted from the stadium, and I feel bad for any young children who are trying to sleep within a fifty mile radius. 

Without any further ado, she starts singing, and I melt back into my chair at her lovely voice. I am never going to forget this moment. 

Salt air, and the rust on your doorI never needed anything more
Whispers of "Are you sure?"
"Never have I ever before"
But I can see us lost in the memory
August slipped away into a moment in time
'Cause it was never mine
And I can see us twisted in bedsheets
August sipped away like a bottle of wine
'Cause you were never mine

Of course, she chose to sing August first. That love story is like no other. James, Augustine, and Betty. 

As everybody else stands up, I follow, and sway along to the music, while singing the lyrics at the top of my lungs. 

Suddenly, I get a phone call, and I can barely hear it, from within the deafening stadium. Excusing myself from my friends, I claim that I have to go to the bathroom, but in reality, I know that I just have to pick up the phone, since my mother's name flashes across the screen.

"Hi mum," I have to shout through the noise, "you know that I don't have to be home for another hour and a half."

"Is this Hazel Bailey," the voice of a male says through the device.

"Yes, who is this? Why do you have my mother's phone?" I ask accusingly.

"I'm sorry to say this, but your mother has been found dead in her home at 22:04 pm. Since you are still underage, we (the police) will have to take you to the station, and do a DNA test, to find any family who is willing to take you in."

"What?" I say, but my head is running at one thousand miles a second. 

I have been out of the house for under an hour, and my mother has mysteriously died. "You're lying. Please tell me that you're lying."

My begging seems to fall on deaf ears, as he repeats his previous statement. 

"I'll catch an Uber home. I'll be there in around half an hour." My words are cold, as I try to process everything that just happened. 

I order a ride home, and quickly text Liv and Evie, saying that I won't be coming back. Within a couple of minutes, my Uber comes, and I quickly jump in, mumbling the destination of my house, as well as brief directions. 

All I can hope is that the 'police officer' was joking, and he's a stupid college kid playing a joke on me.  

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading, I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter. If you did, please remember to vote, comment, and keep reading. I'll have another chapter out tomorrow. Also, I promise that my writing will get better, I'm just trying to set the scene right now.