Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Tonight, Lyla would be turning into a wolf for the first time and she was terrified of that. Tonight she would be turning into a monster, and the one thing that she never believed in, before she found out that she was mated to a wolf. And then she was bitten by a werewolf so she was going to turn into one. This was not going to be fun.

"Lyla, darling," said Landon as he came into his room, "you can't stay in bed all day."

"What if I say I am not feeling well?" replied Lyla.

"You are making yourself sick with worry. That is not good for you."

"I can't help but worry, Landon."

"I know. But you are going to be fine and I know that I will be able to help you."

Landon had been doing so much research lately. He had been staying up late reading all the books that he had found about turned wolves and he was sure that he knew how to help Lyla tonight. Emotions were the key for turned wolves learning how to control their wolf. All Lyla had to do was keep her emotions under control when she turned because that would keep the wolf in control. When a turned wolf had control of the emotions, it wasn't good so the human needed to get in before the wolf. And that was what Lyla had to learn.

There were ways for a turned wolf to learn how to control their emotions but Lyla had the advantage of being mated to a werewolf. Their mate bond was strong and Landon was sure that he would be able to get through to Lyla even if her wolf was in control. And if he was successful with that, he would be able to help Lyla control her wolf and then nothing bad would happen. He was sure of it.

"I will be right next to you the whole time, darling," said Landon.

"How will you be able to help? You will be a wolf," replied Lyla.

"I am different to you, Lyla. I can control when I shift. A turned wolf shifts during the full moon and they can't stop that from happening."

"Why?"

"That is one of the many mysteries about turned wolves. No one really knows."

"Why?"

"Turned wolves don't allow our kind to help them so if we can't get near them how do we help them?"

"You can't."

"Exactly. But you are different because you are the only turned wolf who has allowed me to get near them."

"Is that good thing?"

"It is a great thing."

Landon and Lyla were soon disturbed from their talking when they heard a knock at the door. Landon said that whoever it was could come in and Lyla beamed when she saw Hamish. Her brother was here and she didn't even ask him to come. This was great and Lyla was so happy about that because she missed Hamish so much. She was so glad that he was here.

"Hamish? What are you doing here?" asked Lyla as she got out of the bed and wrapped her arms around her big brother.

"I haven't seen you in a while. Not even after school and I waited for you," replied Hamish.

"You waited for me? After school? When you are supposed to pick me up you never manage to get there."

"I know. But people can change, can't they?"

"Yeah, they can," replied Lyla. If only Hamish knew how much his little sister had changed.

"So, what's going on, Lyles? And don't bother leaving anything out because I know when my little sister is lying, you know that."