32|| step forward

tw: mentions of rape
song : hope ur ok - Olivia Rodrigo

~ Alejandra ~

This morning feels different than my other ones.

Not in any emotional or psychological way but instead, it's physically. Stirring in the sheets, I feel warmer than I usually do when I wake up.

Typically, I have to peel my eyes open to lazily grab my blankets before curling into a ball due to the chilling air around me. But right now, even with no soft fabric covering me, I feel a warmth holding my body close.

It's nice.

The feeling itself gives me an incentive to stay in bed and continue with my sleep, not even considering the source of the warmth.

I almost listen it until, when I attempt to move again, I feel a weight on my lower back as I try to turn over.

Huh?

My eyes slowly open and I look up to see a sleeping Gabriel holding me as I lay on his chest.

My brows immediately furrow at the unusual, and frankly, fucking weird situation.

With my leg loosely tossed over his, I turn to see his hand around my waist with the only thing keeping our skin from touching being his clothes that I'm still wearing.

When I look at our attire to see we are both decent, a breath of relief leaves me, quietly.

I wouldn't put it past me to sleep with someone after a mental breakdown.

My eyes stay on his figure as we practically wear the same thing. The only differences being the sweats I'm wearing are a lighter shade of grey and the black t-shirt swallows me whole while his clings to his figure.

My eyes begin to wander up the curve of his bicep, his shoulders, his jaw and then finally stop on his face.

Pink lips sit shut with the bottom one more prominent in a natural pout and brows drawn together ever so slightly, tense even when he's asleep. His dark lashes fall just above his cheekbones, pretty and delicate.

His features, gentle and soft still don't override his demeanor, dark and cruel, as he manages to look beautiful and dangerous all at once, even without trying.

It's concerning.

Me on the other hand?

I'm a hot fucking mess.

The curls atop my head seem puffier than usual in their tangled nest, my lashes stick together from the excess eye crust that comes with crying and there's a beautiful spot of dried drool on the corner of my lip. I wouldn't be shocked if there was some of my drool on Gabriel either.

Oh, the true picture of grace and beauty that I am.

After I rub at my eyes and exhale a quiet yawn, I my attention immediately redirects back to the boy still sound asleep besides me and I feel something shift in me when my eyes fall upon his sleeping body.

It's as if the hard, ice block in me slightly melted at the warmth of his body and the soothing comfort of his presence.

The melting moves from the pit of my chest throughout my whole body the more I look at him, as only one thing comes to mind.

Instead of recalling the terrifying, aggravating, humiliating parts of yesterday, all I feel is a sense of peace and safety stemming from the memory of his arms around me as I cried myself to sleep.