𝟎𝟏𝟒-𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬

"POSITIONS!" Santa warns

"POSITIONS!" Santa warns. They make it to their first house; back in business with no error. Teddy stops the reindeer quickly who hover above the Chicago apartments. "Alright, here we go!" Santa backflips off the sleigh, landing perfectly onto the roof. Ziggy quickly but surely combs through the sack grabbing the right presents.
     "Tony Brooks!" Kate yells as Ziggy throws his presents off the sleigh for Santa to catch flawlessly. He whooshes into one house, within a second, popping back up for more presents. "Adam Maple! Timmy Birks!" Ziggy laughs, putting her hands on her head in disbelief. Teddy looks back at the two, leaning towards them. "Can you believe that?" Kate laughs. Teddy admires Ziggy and Kate working together. He wishes he could've done the same things she's doing with Kate sooner. Her empathy fuels Teddy with a warmth he's never felt before. Sometimes, it's what keeps him up and running everyday. His stomach does the funny little dance it does when he sees her. He's willing to endure anything just to keep her. She saved him; she's magic.
"James Hanson!" Kate and Ziggy yell in unison. Santa whooshes from the rooftops, dunking himself into the upcoming chimney.
"Show off!" Teddy teases. Ziggy laughs, being fueled with that sense of security and love. In that moment she knew, she never wanted to spend a moment not in his arms. After all they've been through together, thick and thin. Every laugh, every cry session, every argument. He's always been there and never gave up on her. Through everything. He saved her; he's truly magic.

_____

Santa makes his rounds in Chicago, hopping back in the sleigh. "All set, go!" Teddy shouts, hitting the reins confidently. "Hit that white button." Santa points, immediately sending them into that beautiful northern lights scene. Teddy smiles, remembering the first time he had saw it. Ziggy bursts at the seems with wonder, holding Teddy tight. They fly everywhere. Denver, St. Louis, New Orleans, St. Paul, Vancouver, everywhere. Time ticked town quickly.
"Alright," Ziggy starts, holding a long, sturdy presents. "this one's too..." Ziggy and Kate's eyes widen.
"Bing Bellamy!" Santa, Kate and Ziggy yell in unison. Santa flips off the sleigh, riding the snowboard, giggling as he whooshes into the chimney, turning into red sparkles waving in the air. It is incredibly mesmerizing to look at.
"Alright! This is it, guys! Last city!" The sky turns a slight lighter shade of blue, warning the four time is almost up; but they're not worried, they have it in the sack. Santa covers every missing present house in sight flawlessly per usual. Santa checks his watch, cringing tightly.
"Kate, Zig! Send in the troops!" Kate stares confusedly at the man.
"The troops?" Kate wonders, turning to Ziggy. Her eyebrow raising. Kate realizes, immediately running to the sack. "The troops!" Ziggy and Kate huddle around the sack, spreading it out widely. "Guys! Santa needs you!" The elves pop out quickly, ready for duty. Kate and Ziggy salute, showing their respect. But they can't help but smile while they do it. The book flips to the pages of glowing names. That's how they know those are the kids left in need of presents.
     "Ryder Robinson!" Ziggy reads as she pulls out presents.
     "2547 East 26th place!" Kate reads quickly. The elves shout with gifts in their hands jumping out of the sleigh. Ziggy moves at the speed of light; working well with the elves who shoot down into houses with their little parachutes. "Joe Frankel, 2540 East 28th Street! Jessica Martin, 8740 Franklin Avenue! Dino Arnali, 139 Pond Street! Sion Pack, 1902 Ridley Street!" Shouting elves fill the sky, shouting in their little language. "Ray, Scarlett and Brooke Stuber, 3947 Jackson Street! Sheila Vondersack, 341 Wood Street! Jennifer Lebsilenti, 852 Beechwood Street!"
     "You're killin me, Kate!" Ziggy pants, her arms burning slightly from her swift movements; adrenaline just keeps her going.
     "Hunter and Connor Morris. They live on 4433 Pacific Avenue!" Kate yells. But not in English. In Elvish? Ziggy gasps, laughing a little under her breath. Kate squealed, leaning over the sleigh. "Hey, Santa! I just spoke Elvish!"
     "Welcome to the club!" Santa yelled, his arms open proudly. Teddy and Ziggy have no clue what they're saying, but it has to be good. Santa checks his watch, tapping it before looking up. "Think we did it!" Kate, Ziggy, and Teddy yell with utter joy. Ziggy and Kate grip each other tight. Ziggy picks her up and shakes her about. Santa lands in the sleigh while Ziggy climbs over in the front of the sleigh. He looks over to the girl, bursting with unadulterated joy in her eyes. Teddy can't believe it. He's more of a stand in shock kind of guy.
     "Teddy...Teddy we did it!" Ziggy cheers. She pulls him in for a hug. His stomach sinks like a rollercoaster. He hits the reins to the sleigh, making the reindeer fly off. They leave San Francisco with smiles on their faces and hearts full of joy; especially the two teens.
     "Of course we did." Teddy looks down at Ziggy holding onto him tight as they fly through the clouds. Ziggy looks up at Teddy sharing the same glimmer in their eyes. The two stare down each other's lips. Teddy gently holds the back of Ziggy's neck, slowly leaning in. Fireworks erupted in the two's stomachs. All their five senses heightened. Teddy dives in with Ziggy just behind him. Their lips touch lightly before they slowly melt into a kiss. Ziggy closes her eyes and holds Teddy's head. It's finally happening. All these years of debating between their feelings and battling is over. They couldn't be happier in that moment. The two feel each other's hands shaking. Teddy panics, his mind racing to make sure she's okay. Ziggy grows nervous at Teddy's shaking hand or if he can feel hers. Before they decide to go further, they separate from the clumsy kiss, holding each other's cold hands. They struggle for words. All they can do is laugh. Santa and Kate watch from behind. The two turn to each other to high five triumphantly.