The First Time You Met (AKA You Tried To Burn His House Down)

Alastor looked at his new room and hummed in approval, it had taken the whole morning to unpack and he had just finished putting everything in place. He checked his pocket watch and it was almost noon. That meant that he had the rest of the day to do what he wanted. He turned towards the door and then he stopped abruptly, what was he going to do with his old home?

He walked out of his room deep in thought as he made his way to the lobby. His old home was quite far away from the hotel and it would be no point to keep it, he could just leave it abandoned but the thought of someone else moving in there made his eye twitch.

"I guess I have to destroy it" Alastor sighed, he left the hotel leaving a confused husk behind.

....

A while later he arrived at his former home, Alastor hummed a song to himself as he stepped inside. It was very empty now without his things but he took his time anyway to walk into every room to collect things he had forgotten, small things like some pictures, a book, and a saw. He snapped his fingers and the items teleported to the hotel. When he was content he walked outside to burn it.

But apparently, someone else was already on it. Alastor stepped inside and spotted a small creature crouching by the house with a lighter and old newspapers in its hands. Alastor cleared his throat and they looked up at him in surprise. Alastor took a moment to examine the little rascal. They looked young, very young maybe ten or eleven years old, they were very dirty and there were twigs stuck in their hair. They put down the lighter and the newspapers and stood up, they were very small as well, and they probably only reached up to Alastors knees.

'a child' Alastor thought, he tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at them, children in Hell were quite unusual. Especially young children like this one, Alastor wondered what they did to deserve hell but then again they were in the middle of burning his house down, so maybe that wasn't surprising. The other thing that puzzled him was how the child arrived here, he lived in the swamp for crying out loud! Not a lot of sinners would willingly walk in here because of the dangerous wildlife so how did this one end up here?

"Now this is unusual!" Alastor said, he skipped down the steps and walked right up to them "tell me little one, how did you end up here? I'm just dying to find out hahaha" a laughing track could be heard. The child giggled a little at that and smiled.

"no clue, I felt pain I fell and then I woke up here" they replied.

'ah they are new' Alastor thought, well that explained things. He smiled at them and flashed his sharp teeth, the child looked at him in amusement much to Alastor's confusion.

"I thought no one lived here, I'm sorry for almost burning your house down," they said in a happy tone. They didn't sound that remorseful at all. Alastor laughed and picked them up by their collar, the child didn't look frightened. Then he backed up a little from the house and snapped his fingers. Immediately the house went up in flames and he laughed a little louder. He put down the child and wiped invisible tears from his eyes. The child looked absolutely awestruck and they looked like they would burst with excitement.

"wow! How did you do that!?" they exclaimed and they walked up in front of him with a beaming smile "that was so cool!"

"Why thank you!" Alastor gloated "now then! I think it's time for me to go, Tata!" Alastor started to walk away into the swamp, he barely walked for five minutes before he heard someone run up next to him. He looked down at the child who struggled to keep up with him.