Janie's Got A Gun

Warnings: Violence/Gore

He had been up since the beginning of dawn watching. He hadn't seen any signs of movement since the night before, but finally something gave. The man in the mask strode out of the house. He walked slowly towards the edge of the trees and disappeared within them.

He knew he had to be sure he was gone and wouldn't return any time soon. He didn't want to risk his plan being foiled. A few hours had passed before he decided the masked man wouldn't be returning any time soon. His chance was now.

"It's time for you and I to spend a little quality time together, (y/n)," he said as he checked his pistol's chamber one last time.

Her eyes were just beginning to open. Her hand went for the spot where his had been, but couldn't find it. She looked to find he was gone. She let out a sigh and decided maybe she would just sleep until he returned, not thrilled with the idea of being in an empty house all day again. She heard the front door fall and felt a little excitement in her stomach. Maybe he hadn't left after all. She sat up and listened to the footsteps coming down the hallway and her excitement was slowly replaced with a sinking feeling. They weren't Michael's. She had grown accustomed to his gentle footfall, his slow pace and the sound his heavy boots made on the floor. These were unfamiliar and menacing.

She shot out of the bed and looked to Michael's usual spot on the floor but nothing was there. He had taken his knife. The footsteps drew closer. She frantically scanned the room for anything she could use to defend herself if needed. Her eyes fell upon a curtain rod leaning in a corner of the room. She ran to it and held in like a bat in her tight grasp. The intruder's familiar form made it's way into the door frame. Her stomach churned when a smile spread across his face.

"Daniel," she said through gritted teeth.

"Long time no see," he said, that smile still hanging about on his face.

"It hasn't been long enough," she replied.

The smile finally fell and was replaced with a hateful glare.

"No, no, no, I disagree," he started as he moved closer, she raised the curtain rod in defense and he held up his hands, "in fact, you've been out here breathing far too long. You didn't give my brother that same curtesy, did you?"

"He got what he deserved," she spat back, "you will too."

"That what you think? Are you gonna do it?" He teased, "Or, let me guess, lover boy with the mask is gonna come save you."

She didn't gratify that with a response, she only held the rod tighter.

"I don't think he is," he said in a dark tone, "tell me something. You didn't have the guts to kill him, did you? You got your knight in shining armor to do your dirty work."

"I may not have killed him, but I sure did love watching him die," she said with a taunting grin.

"You bitch," he sneered.

She chuckled, "It's funny, he said the same thing before he died."

He lunged at her and she swung the rod as hard as she could. He toppled over but quickly managed to grab hold of her foot. She fell onto the wood and it knocked the breath out of her. He pulled her far enough away from the rod, but she swung her arm back to punch him. He pulled his gun and held it to her head. She glared up at him hatefully.

"Do it," she said calmly.

He pushed it harder against her head and laughed, "You think you're getting out of this that easily?"

He stood up, gun still aimed right at her, "No, I don't think so. You're gonna beg for me to kill you, (y/n)."

"Try me."