Maybe I'm Amazed

Warnings: Slight NSFW

She couldn't tear her eyes away from the bright red trail of blood leading towards the door. She wasn't sure how long he had been gone, but she was glad he was for the time being. She needed to process what she was feeling. It wasn't fear, she knew that, but this time felt different. She had seen him injured before, she remembered that but this time he died. She was sure of it. When he had been stabbed perhaps she should have questioned it then, but now? There was no possible outcome where he should have survived. But he did. What was he?

And why her? She began to think of all the things Loomis had said to her and it made her wonder. Why was she still alive, why did he keep preventing her death and why did he keep saving her from her own deadly desires? Was Loomis right? Was he playing a game in which she ultimately would lose her life? She became angry with herself as the thoughts tormented her. She had once again allowed herself to grow attached to a monster. Only this time, she wasn't even sure he was human. She found herself in the same position she had fled, she couldn't will herself to leave. She knew maybe she should, but the thought of never seeing him again and so many questions going unanswered chained her where she was.

The sound of his boots on the wooden porch signaled his return home. She waited there for him, eyes straight ahead. He walked towards her and stopped just a few feet away. Her head slowly turned towards his direction. Usually she was accustomed to the way he looked with just the moonlight illuminating him, but tonight the holes of the mask looked pitch black. Nothing inside them.

"What are you?" She asked softly.

He tilted his head and patiently waited for her to elaborate.

"What are you?" She repeated through gritted teeth.

Perhaps Loomis had made her see him differently or maybe she was just fed up with the silence. He straightened his head and stood deathly still. He had never seen her look at him with anger and she had never questioned him in such a way. She grew more frustrated as he stared back at her.

"Dammit Michael," she said as she pushed herself off the wall to stand in front of him.

She didn't want to resort to yes or no questions, but he wouldn't budge. She knew he wouldn't speak.

"You died," she stated plainly.

He shook his head.

"No, you did I know you did, you weren't breathing," she said, almost demandingly.

He only shook his head again.

She paused for a few moments. Those black holes were making her question her own sanity, why she wasn't afraid.

"Are you human?"

He nodded.

"You can't be," she whispered, mostly to herself.

Nothing made sense. She felt tears building in her eyes and she had to look away from him.

"Why me?" She said, her voice cracked and gave her tears away.

He felt the desperation to make her understand building within him. He had so many answers to give her but no words. His fists clenched tightly at his sides.

"Why me, Michael?" She was beginning to raise her voice, "Why didn't you kill me, why won't you kill me, why am I here, why me?"

Clenching his fists was no longer any help. He was losing his self control, he could feel it. She looked back up at him expectantly. She had no idea what she was doing to him. She didn't understand.