1

Wakatoshi had been a professional volleyball player for years. He's never gotten exhausted or drained from playing the sport because it's something he loves the most.

After playing for Japan's National Team and returning to Poland shortly after, his teammates on Orzel Warszawa insisted on taking a trip to Paris. They had already bought the tickets for the flight a couple days after Wakatoshi's return. Which wasn't ideal because he was still recovering from the 11-hour flight and a 8-hour time difference. But, he unfortunately had no reason to refuse since tickets to Paris are expensive.

All of them had been to Paris before, but only for volleyball reasons. Now it was their off-season and they had time to mess around in the populated city.

Downside is: only one of them knew proper French. Usually if you're a tourist, they would speak English in replacement of French. Everyone on the team knew English thankfully, but all had distinct accents.

This problem when traveling to other countries reminded Wakatoshi of him first being in Poland. Along with training for volleyball, he had to take multiple classes to learn Polish. It was embarrassing when he made a mistake while speaking Polish to his teammates, and then they would in turn switch to English to "make it easier for him."

Now, he has to face this problem again. Wakatoshi's teammates brought him to a shopping district. Different stores lined the crowded streets.

The others left him alone in a chocolate & pastry shop to go to another store. He's conflicted on what to do about the red-head with a buzz cut saying confusing words. Wakatoshi assumed the "instant-english" rule didn't apply to him.

All Wakatoshi wanted to get is something sweet. He stared at the different types of desserts on display and analyzes them.
Wakatoshi points at a Chocolate Éclair and puts up 2 fingers. The man raises and eyebrow, but grabs the two Éclair's and puts them into a pastry bag. He puts up ten fingers, which Wakatoshi assumes to mean ten euros. He pays the money, and the man gave him a nod of approval.

Thanks to the power of non-verbal communication, Wakatoshi manages to get his chocolate pastries and leaves the establishment with a smile. He enjoys them on a small bench outside the shop with a smile.