Chapter 5

"What?!", Chloe's eyes remain wide open in shock. "He is already married!"

"Yeah", I roll my eyes.

"What does he want then?", she looks angry now.

"He is waiting for my shift to be over so that I can take my stuff back"

"Where is he waiting?"

"In the parking lot"

"Cupcake", she places her elbows on the counter and leans on it. "Yesterday nothing happened right?"

"Of course not", I say instantly. "I remember puking on him and then passing out. That's it."

"Who changed your clothes then?", she inquires. "I hope it's not him. He does not looks like a creep."

Speaking about creep! That guy from yesterday, he was such an idiot. I just remember slapping him. And Christian had been by my side when he was being an asshole again.

"Do you know him?", Chloe questions all of a sudden. "Because it seems like you keep avoiding him but fate keeps bringing him to you."

"No", I lie. "I don't know him."

"Well, do you want me to come with you later?", she offers.

"No, I'll be fine. Don't worry."

"Let me know how it goes because this is all so weird."

Four hours later, I am in the parking lot and look around. I hear a door opening and closing. I turn around to see Christian walking towards me.

He really waited!

"Thank you", I say when he gives me my belongings back. "And thanks for helping me yesterday as well."

I turn around to leave but he stops me. "I can drop you home."

"That's fine", I decline his offer. "I will manage. Don't worry. Goodbye."

My soles burn when I take steps further and he stops me again. "You'll reach home faster."

I turn my head to look at him and he adds. "You won't have to wait for a cab while your feet clearly looks like it still hurts."

Well he has a point. Should I go? What do I do? I want to go home and sleep.

It's just an innocent lift. That's it.

"Okay", I accept his offer before I change my mind and limp towards his car.

He opens the door for me and I get inside and almost sigh in relief when I sit down. My feet are killing me. He gets behind the wheel and I sit closer to the door but try not to make it too obvious. I give him my address and remain quiet while he drives.

"For your feet", he says suddenly and gives me a package.

Feeling curious, I take it and peek inside. He bought medicines for me.

"You didn't have to", I say. "I can't accept this. Thank you though."

"Take it", he says in a calm tone. "You ran because of me in the first place. So the least I can do is give you this."

"I didn't ran because of you", I clarify. "I didn't even knew that I was at your place so it's really not your fault."

"Still, I insist you take it", he adds, and gives me a glance before looking at the road again.

"Okay thanks", I say just to not make things awkward anymore.

"Who changed my clothes yersterday?", I pblurt the question which has been bothering me all day.