New Experiences

Anirudh's smile fades away as he remembers It's time to go. He rushes Bondita as he again checks the documents for the millionth time.

Anirudh : Jaldi karo Bondita!

Bondita : Kar rahi hun Baba!Bal toh bandhne dijiye mujhe!

Bondita says as she makes her hair in a bun. She then veils her hair and checks in the mirror for the last time.

Anirudh : Bondita devi.....Ghar ake jitna marji apna cehra dekh lena. AB CHALO!!

Bondita doesn't get scared as she is used to Anirudh's screaming session by now but she knows It's getting late so she takes her documents file and runs with Anirudh.

Bondita : Patibabu, dheere chaliye! Nahito gir jayenge ap siriyose!

Anirudh : Kuch nahi hoga, BonDITAAA!!

Just as Anirudh uttered those words,he stumbled upon the stairs and almost fell. He then looks at Bondita with an awkward smile while Bondita stares at him angrily.

Anirudh : Hehe.. K..K..Kuch nahi hua!

Bondita : Bola tha na....

Anirudh : Chal..Chalo ab!!

He says as he avoids Bondita's tauntful stare and climbs down the staircase. Bondita sighs and follows him down.

Fortunately, they found a rickshaw just as they got down. Anirudh helped Bondita to get up and sat down himself. Bondita never sat on a rickshaw before so it was a new experience for her.She kept looking here and there as the rickshaw kept going. Anirudh looked at Bondita and smiled as he remembered their car journey during their dwiragaman. Bondita looked at people going to their respectful workplace while children ran as they were late for their school but what caught Bondita's attention most was a carriage which was veiled heavily so an inch couldn't be seen outside. Giggles of teenage girls could be heard when suddenly the curtains of the carriage blew due to the heavy blow of air. Revealing a few girls with books on their hands giggling as they went towards their destination. Some of their words went into Bondita's ears which were mostly academic topics but it was enough for Bondita to realise that they don't study in school like her but in College . Bondita stared at the carriage as she never saw any other girl except herself going to school in Tulsipur let alone College. She kept looking at it as it passed by her eyes. She didn't even realise she was smiling the whole time. But soon her smile faded away as she saw a girl almost the same age as her or younger, crossing the street with a 1 or 2 year old in her hand while being heavily pregnant. The child was crying her heart out while the young mother was getting desperate to make her child calm down. Bondita's blood boiled as she saw a man in front of the young girl, most probably her husband scolding her for not being able to control her child. Bondita realised even though Calcutta is far more advanced than Tulsipur but it is also poisoned with evil social customs. The rickshaw came far but Bondita's mind was still in that incident's place which made her not realise she and Anirudh had already reached their first destination AKA Cafe/Coffee House. Anirudh stops the rickshaw and looks at Bondita excitedly.

Anirudh : Chalo Bondita! Bondita?

Bondita who was still looking at that side of the road blankly didn't hear her husband's calling so he calls her again which makes her come back to her senses.

Bondita : Ha..haan! Kya hua, Patibabu?

Anirudh : Tumhne kya hua hain, Bondita? Tum thik toh ho na?

Bondita : Hmm...h..hum aa gaye kya?

Anirudh : Haan...chalo utarte hain.