Food

Pov Mary:

I slowly went in the kitchen, a bit unsure about what I want to make for Mistress.

------
This will give a bit of Charakter Backstory, so please understand my food choice, I got this idea from a friend.
------

As i looked through the kitchen I found some vegetables and some kind of meant.
It made me think for a moment...

Then suddenly I found it, the perfect recipe.

I remembered what my grandma would always make me 'Pirozhki' ,my favorite meal as a child.

Before I left home, she gave me the recipe for it. But will it be good enough to please Mistress?

I dont know what else to make, so i started.

-Recepi-
Ingredients
2 cups milk, warmed

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 tablespoon active dry yeast

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 egg

1 teaspoon salt

6 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon butter

½ medium head cabbage, finely chopped

6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Place 1/2 cup milk in a cup or small bowl. Stir in sugar and sprinkle yeast over the top. Set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Pour the remaining milk into a large bowl.

Add the melted butter, egg, salt and 1 cup of flour to the large bowl with the milk. Stir in the yeast mixture. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and doesn't stick to your hands. Cover the bowl loosely and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour. Dough should almost triple in size

While you wait for the dough to rise, melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage has wilted. Mix in the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender. Set this aside for the filling

Place the risen dough onto a floured surface and gently form into a long snake about 2 inches wide. Cut into 1 inch pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Flatten the balls by hand until they are 4 to 5 inches across. Place a spoonful of the cabbage filling in the center and fold in half to enclose. Pinch the edges together to seal in the filling.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line one or two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Place the pirozhki onto the baking sheet, leaving room between them for them to grow.

Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

(This recipe is from 'Rex' on the Website 'allrecipes.com', its delicious!)

I made some different kinds of Pirozhki
like 'Spring onion, ramps and egg Pirozhki' and some 'Potato, caramelized onion and parmesan Pirozhki'

When i was finished I quickly decorated the plate with them and made my way to the dinning hall.

I hope i didn't made Mistress wait, making Pirozhkis usually takes over an hour or more.

I open the door.

"There you finally are, dear" she greeted me "what took you so long?"

I bowed politely "i'm sorry, Milady. The food took quite some time to make, I hope i didn't make you wait to Long"

"No dear, I just hope it was worth the waiting. You don't want to know what happened to the last Maid that upset me with her cooking"

My blood freeze inside my body. I heard some bad stories about Mistress. But they couldn't be true, she is way to beautiful.... I-i mean, my goodness Mary focus!

I places down the plate in front of her and waited for her to try a bite.

-Pov Juliet-

I took a bite of the food she made. I've never seen anything like this, usually most maids present me some special, very expensive food, like caviar or Wagyu beef, not something like this.

As i took the bite I glanced over at Mary, she seems nervous. Have I scared her this much with the little joke.

"Its suprisingly good...what exactly is it?"

"It is Pirozhki...its a russian baked or fried yeast-leavened boat-shaped bun with a variety of fillings." She answered right away.

"What Made you choose it?"

"W-well..." She stutters how cute~ "I ate it  often when i was younger, and I hoped you would like it as well...i'm sorry if its not meeting your standards" she bowed.

"Oh no dear, its great. I really like it." I smiled and took another bite.

I'm not sure what makes it so special the taste of the fact that Mary made it, but something made me happy while eating it. Maybe I should ask someone about this feeling...but i don't know If its worth the effort, I mean she is a maid to me after all....or not?

"Mary, Darling. Would you mind meeting me after dinner? I have a 'special request' for you." The moment I said that i saw her blush. Was she embarresed? Why would she be?

Well maybe she already knows what I want from her~

-----

Well what, let's See what will happen Next~ No spoilers (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧