CHAPTER 42: NOSTALGIC GRIPS

M&M crossed the portal to the human world, ready for their next mission. Y/N hides behind her sister as the portal remains open, though she can't help but peek at the world within.

As soon as Loona closes the portal and puts the grimoire away, Blitzø sighs in annoyance, wishing he could accompany his employees, but he knows he can't.

The Imp turns and heads back to his office, walking past the hellhounds.

Blitzø: Well Looney, get down to business and train your sister, will you?

However, Loona grabs him by the collar of his coat preventing him from leaving, and pulls him towards them, not caring that it might hurt him.

Loona: Oh no, you promised you'd train her today.

Blitzø hunches dejectedly, unfortunately for him, Loona remembered it. After looking bad in front of Mayberry when burning down his office, he agreed to switch positions with his daughter that day to train the fluff, agreeing that he'd take her place after, and finally, after the lovebirds' turns to train her, it was finally his turn. He looks at the adult hellhound and gives her a fake smile.

Blitzø: You don't miss anything, do you honey? You're SO smart, I'm SO proud of you.

Loona raises an eyebrow, not buying shit from her boss's compliments, while the pup's pupils dilate at how lucky her sister is to be told those words.

Blitzø: But I think you're forgetting an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, tiny crucial liiiiitle detail..

Blitzø brings his fingers close to almost touching as he narrows his eyes and then points aggressively at his sling.

Blitzø: I'm still recovering!

The adult hellhound looks blankly at the Imp who, for the umpteenth time, uses the excuse of his injury to not do something these last few days, putting his hand on his forehead in an exaggeratedly dramatic way.

Blitzø: There's NOTHING I want to do more than train my beloved new little daughter, but with one arm immobilized... how.. HOW could I train her to fight properly?!

Blitzø suddenly breaks his dramatic position and jerkingly points his thumb at himself.

Blitzø: Although even if it's a more even fight for her, I'd still beat her easily.

The little hellhound ignores what he last said and wags her tail when she hears her adoptive father call her "daughter".

Loona: I'm sure you can train her in something, now stop with your stupid excuses.

Loona knows that the easiest way for Blitzø to stop trying to get her to train the little rat again is to leave, so she does.

Loona: I'm taking a break..

Blitzø: No, Looney, wait wait WAIT!

She closes the office door and walks out, wondering what the fuck she can do in the meantime.

On the other side of the door, Blitzø stands there staring at the door for a few seconds in silence with his arm stretched out towards it, and kneels dramatically, giving up on life.

Y/N walks towards the Imp cautiously and stands in front of him, being at the same height as him since he's kneeling. Blitzø looks at her with tired eyes.

Y/N: So.. what do we do now?

Blitzø stares at her, asking himself the same question.

...