𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8 - Is he really a Thug?

| Jayla's POV

The muffled sounds of rain pelting on the concrete roof and the low thunder rolling in the sky woke me up. I covered my mouth as I yawned and rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes, I don't know when or how I fell asleep – I just remember touching all over Aaryan's face with my fingers before using my thumb to rub behind his ear.

“Ugh, what time is it?” I glance around for my phone, my vision slightly blurry. When I don't see it within my immediate vicinity I attempt to get up and search for it but I felt a weight holding me down.

“What the–,” I look down only to see Aaryan's head on my chubby tummy, his body between my thighs and his arms tightly wrapped around my waist. Holding me in an inescapable grip.

My eyes drool over the contours of his muscular back and sinewy arms, not to mention his slutty waist. As I kept staring at what doesn't – and shouldn't – concern me, I hear a buzzing sound, a song began playing afterward and I stare quizzically at the phone lighting up on the table next to the bed.

‘I ain't get to roll no weed,
I ain't get to roll no Swishers
I was locked up on Christmas,
Ain't get to see my nigg–s...’

Aaryan groaned, the sound rumbling through me. He stubbornly turned his head the other way, his brows furrowed deeply and a mean look on his face. The song played out but the persistent caller tried his number again – with each passing second he grew more irritated. I want to laugh at his adorableness. Seeing that the caller wasn't going to give up he unwrapped his arms from around me and rose, his hands now on the bed with me in between. Aaryan cursed and rubbed his eyes with one hand.

I was laying under him, eyes checking out his hovering body shamelessly.

“Who the fuck is calling me?” it was a rhetorical question. He glanced at the table, eyeing his phone menacingly, then his eyes casually drifted to me – the fucker held me in place with his gaze.

There was silence between us, but if not for the rain and occasional thunder I'm certain he would hear how insanely fast my heart was beating in my chest. My skin was tingling, or shivering, I'm too distracted to figure out which one. The closeness of us makes heat rise in my womanhood. He always does this to me, and by the look in his eyes, I think he knows the effect he has on me – he knows exactly what he's doing.

This motherfucker.

“I thought you'd try leaving,” he said in a sultry voice, sending euphoria coursing through my veins.

“I don't know where I am,” I admit, playing with my fingers. His sharp gaze is probing my soul, penetrating through it at this point. “Stop looking at me like that.”

He leaned in closer. “Like what?”

He folds his lips and then licks them, his eyes brightening as he releases his lips and bites into the lower one teasingly.

“Eek!” I squeal and cover my eyes.

I hear him laugh heartily and pinch my inner thigh before moving to sit at the edge of the bed and answer his phone.

“Ayo, Jax. What the fuck are you calling me for? Can't a man sleep in peace up in this bitch,” Aaryan said to the caller, sounding pissed. “When's the match happening? I forgot the date. Cancel practice for today, I ain't goin' on a soaked basketball court. Hell nah. We can swing by the old court tomorrow. Aight, have a good one. The next time you wake me up for this shit I'm gonna throw your ass off a cliff, don't fuck with me Jaxson.”

After hanging up he dropped the phone on the table and opened a drawer under it.

“You play basketball?” I asked curiously.