07

A nurse came into the hospital room and has discharged McQueen. He signed some paperwork swiftly with his fingertips. Since he is so use to signing autographs.

Lighting gets out of the bed. His feet wobble. He noticed a neatly folded pile of clothes on the counter.

"How long has these been here?" McQueen asked as he walked over. He picked up the clothes.

Jackson shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno. Maybe Doc dropped them off awhile ago." He replied with a reasonable guess.

"Ha. You're probably right." Lighting grumbled as he went into the bathroom that is in the hospital room.

He changed out of the hospital gown and got into his normal attire. Once he is finished getting dressed. The unlock unhatched and the door opened.

"Want me to walk you to your room?" Jackson offered. Lighting groaned and shakes his head.

"Nah, uh. You go on ahead to yours. I have to talk with Sally...." Lighting trailed off as he slowly left the hospital room.

Jackson sighed with a smile. He shakes his head and followed McQueen out of the small hospital.

Once they exited, the two split their ways. Jackson went into his room at the Cozy Cone. While McQueen went to Sally's office at the motel.

He lifted his hand up into a small fist. Knocking ever so softly on the door. It must've startled her from the inside. Since Sally jumped a bit and dropped her pen.

She noticed it was McQueen. A small sigh left her pale pink lips as she walked over and opened the door.

"McQueen?! Shouldn't you be in bed or at the hospital still?"Sally asked the questions in a worrying stress.

"Nah, baby. They let me out early. Guess a four month nap was good enough for me, huh?" Lighting teased as usual with his girlfriend but she rolled her eyes.

"That gave me a scare Stickers. A real scare. I'm worried that if you continue this racing game you will get seriously hurt." Sally responded in a serious tone of voice.

"Oh relax, Sal! I'm okay now! Mostly my car is the one that got the damage. But it is being repaired in the shop. Besides, I have a race in Italy." Lighting explained.

Sally's mouth completely dropped. Her eyebrows pinching themselves to anger and worrisome feelings.

"A race?! When?!" Her voice bellowed in the tiny office. McQueen went over and kissed her cheek. "Relax baby, it's only a week away."

Sally felt angry at this point. She raised her hand and pointed a finger in Lighting's face.

"A week?! Are you serious?! You just recovered from a damn wreck a few months ago! You just woke up from your coma! Did you hit your head after flipping so many forsaking times?! " She shrieked into Lighting's face. Her mascara began to stream down her face.

"No! No! The doctors did a MRI scan of my head and I'm all checked out.." McQueen reassured with a small smirk.

Sally felt so over it at this point. She lets out a scream and raised her hands into the air.

"Lighting McQueen are you out of your mind?! Did Jackson do something with your head! If so I will march right over to his room and make sure he gets–"

Her voice is silenced by McQueen's shout.

"No! He didn't do anything with my head! It was only a game of rivalry between me and that guy! In fact, he's more supportive of me than you."

Sally felt her heart ache. She lowered her head. McQueen went wide eyed. He realized he shouldn't have said that.