◇ten◇

I followed the pair, knowing fully well that they will lead me to the problem we must solve.

"..It's here." The demon she's hiding.

Arf! Arf!

It growled as its sharp nails aimed at the small fluff. I quickly move to take Taro away from the danger and unintentionally rolled all the way down with the dog.

Ah, that person.!

At this point, she'll be in danger.

At that thought my hand moved and quickly took out the katana, stabbing a tree to stop the roll.

We fall a little too far. "..." With firm grip on the dog, I ran up fast. A life will end if I don't.

"NO!!"

"GHAAAA!!"

I missed and was only able to cut a limb.

"Please don't!!" Yae screamed again. Though I do understand why she's like this, I don't feel like sparing this demon. "No, wait!!"

"Let-" Yae grabbing my leg had hindered my movement, it was a little dangerous when the demon jump at me while I was holding Taro and trying to pry Yae off.

SWASH

The familiar dark messy hair of my friend had appeared just before I swing my katana.

After Giyu appeared and fend the demon's attack, Shinobu also entered the screen.

"Ara~ That was super dangerous (Y/n)-kun. This is why you shouldn't move on your own."

"..I was jus-"

"(Y/n)!" Giyu's mad call cut my words off.

".." I met his gaze and couldn't help but subconsciously looked away as guilt scratch me. "..I'm in the wrong..." It wasn't really dangerous but, I still moved by myself when there are two more people on this mission. I was being disrespectful.

"Fufu., it's good that you know. Now, should I help you, Tomioka-san?"

"You take care of them."

"You sure? I can send it to the next world with my poison." Somehow, it seems like she's scaring someone on purpose.

"W..Wai-"

"Don't interfere." I cut Yae off. "This is an inevitable outcome.. As soon as you become that, you're destined to be purged." I looked at the demon, a demon that'll attack any living being, driven by its hunger and instinct. A lost cause. "..And rot in hell until you're cleansed." Such outcomes were not possible to be stopped. Even if they become a demon without their consent, they'll have to be put at the deepest part for all those innocent lives, even if they themselves are partially innocent ones.

Flick!

"Hey (Y/n)-kun!"

"Ah.. what is it?"

"I have been calling you.. well, it's nothing." Shinobu said, after flicking her finger in front of me.

It didn't take Giyu, a hashira, that long to kill the demon. The problem was solved almost immediately.

Or so I thought until Yae aim her own gun to herself. "I can finally...be at peace."

We all become alarmed at the sight we saw. Giyu was too far away, Shinobu won't make it either.

BANG!

"Fufu.. Why.. Why?"

Awoo! Awoo!

I, fortunately, made it on time just before the gun let the bullet out straight on her flesh.

"Dad becomes a man-eating demon.. everyone and even my house is all gone!" The grief of those who were left behind was indeed unbearable. "....You people don't understand anything....! Just leave me alone already...I'm nothing! Hic..Hngg.."

"But he is alive."

"...hic.."

"Taro is alive." Though reminding her about the dog who has been whimpering beside his owner had not made her tears completely disappear, there was a change in her eyes.

"..His message, it is most likely meant for you.. Live." Giyu said. It seems he felt empathy toward Yae's situation. "I don't care about your grumbles over demons, it got nothing to do with me."

"Tomio-"

"Shinobu." Seeing Giyu be like that, I started to worry. "Let's just go."

"...."

Giyu's mood did not change even after we left the area, so I tried to use food to lighten up his mood. "Are you two hungry?" I asked.

"I'm not."

"Oh, I guess it is just Shinobu and me who'll savor some refined salmon."

Giyu changed his response after hearing that sentence. "Tomioka-san does really like (Y/n)-kun, huh." Shinobu leans to my side and whispers.

"No, he just likes salmon."

"Oh." For some reason, Shinobu just started laughing. "Fufufu.., poor Tomioka-san~"

I lead them to the restaurant I've visited a few times in the past. "You seem familiar with this place, are you from here?"

"No."

"Then where are you from?"

"Who knows."

"...Should I not have asked that?"

"..It's not like that." Seeing the confused expression in Shinobu's eyes, my lips perked up as I decided to do her a favor and whisper my so-called secret. "I'm from another world."

"Fufu is that so?"

"I'm telling the truth-oof" While still talking, I suddenly got pulled back by the other person I'm with. "Giyu?" Confused, I asked for his intention.

"We're still not done with what you did earlier."

"..oh..right..."

"Poor Tomioka-san.." Seeing Shinobu shakes her head while pitying the wrong person had just made me frown at her.

Well, whatever I'm at fault.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

A/n: To those who aren't yet aware, this part is based on Tomioka Giyuu Gaiden.

Check it out, Giyu smiled at that one.