One

"He's moving towards you Sel" I blurt into my earpiece as my eyes don't avert from our target

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"He's moving towards you Sel" I blurt into my earpiece as my eyes don't avert from our target. This man has been our target for 3 months now, he's escaped death way to many times. We've had enough.

"Ive got visuals, this bastard wont get away this time" Selenes annoyed voice comes through after a few seconds.

Selene Alexiou is my best friend and partner. Frankly,she's the baddest person I know. We met the first day I entered the training facility.

"Damn right he won't, if Volkov lays his hands on me one more time I'm cutting it clean off" i scoff.

Anatoly Volkov is the right hand man of Igor Volkov, the Bratva leader. He's also the man who kidnaps children and beats them into becoming Assassins. Such as Selene and myself.

For 11 years now I've been stuck here. Stuck in this cycle of control. I've been beaten, tortured and manipulated into becoming a killing machine.

The Russians are ruthless however lazy. They don't like getting their hands dirty so they use us. There must be over 100 of us around the world, committing kills daily, undetected.

We are the best of the best, even if most of us are only teenagers. Devastatingly, some of them were born here. This life is all they've known, like Selene.

However I have a different story. 11 years ago I was kidnapped. I remember everything. Me and mama were on our way back from a theatre production when our car was attached and over turned. She managed to drag me out however our driver was dead. Suddenly a singular bullet rips through her chest, blood squirting out her wound.

She dropped to the ground, dead. I was screaming and crying begging for my mother to wake up. Suddenly I'm being picked up by a large man and shoved into a van where I was drugged. All whilst I was 5.

I remember my family, I even remember what happened that day. However in recent years I've come to know the truth about them, my family are the Sicilian mafia, my father being the don. I must say that it was a massive shock but somehow it made me love and miss them even more.

The Russians try and erase my memory of my family but it doesn't work. They try and brainwash me. They hate me just that extra bit more considering we are sworn enemies.

"Ari he's heading into the club, I'm moving in. Cover me" my best friends voice brings me back into reality.

"Bitch I'm coming, do what you gotta do I'm right behind you" I reply before packing up my sniper and heading down the 12 story high rise.

Normally I'd wait on standby or vice versa but today we aren't taking any more chances. "He's dead tonight, or you'll be replacing him" Anatoly's pathetic voice replays in my ears, instantly annoying me.

I hide the gun case behind a dumpster, Before taking my long jacket off revealing a skimpy black dress. I hate wearing clothes like this, especially around adults in a club. Im 16 but they don't care, to them I'm a woman.

I make sure the multiple weapons are hidden around my body before putting on lipstick and walking towards the club doors.

"Id miss" a broad security guard asks in a strong southern accent. We're currently in America, and have been for the past 5 years.

I seductively tilt my head and smirk before pulling a fake id from out of my tits. The security guard licks his lips making me physically want to throw up before he takes the id. He gives it back without a second thought before allowing me to enter the club.

The stench of Vodka,sex and sweat hit me as I enter the club. A large crowd is here tonight, dancing and shouting Lyrics. This makes things a bit more difficult.

"Where are you" the sharp voice of Selene enters my hearing. Selene is 18 and naturally goes to clubs for pleasure so naturally she's taking the lead on this one.

"Bar" i discreetly reply, before shuffling my way through the crowds and towards the bar.

"Don't you dare Ari-" Selene begins to warn but I cut her off.

"Girl you know i don't drink" I reply, scoffing at the thought. I've had alcohol before, I was force fed it. Not my type of fun.

I hear her sigh in the earpiece before responding. "Yeah my bad, got confused between you and myself" she states making me let out a chuckle.

"Ari I can't take it anymore" Selene Rasps through the earpiece "18 years I've been stuck with the Russians, I just..I can't" she mumbles lowly her voice cracking slightly.

My baby. I hate when she's upset, she never deserved this life, neither did I. We're children still, our innocent minds corrupted the second we entered the facility.

"Sel, I promise you this is the last time, we complete this mission then we run, run as far as we can. You'll never have to go back, and I find my family" i mumble softly in response.

"I know" she replies quietly. Suddenly I hear her breath hitch and a deafening silence comes through the other side.

"Selene, what's going on, has he seen you" I ask before frantically looking around for Selene.

"Shit" she suddenly yells before I hear something being knocked over.

"What's happening" I ask growing concerned by the second. Tonight isn't supposed to go wrong.

"That fucking bastard set us up" she yells, I can hear her voice is close to me.

I turn around to see our target looking directly at Selene with two Buff men right behind him. I also notice the flashing lights all around the perimeter of the club.

"Fuck" I yell before getting off the stall and running towards Selene. However before I can reach her a single Shot goes off.

Everything turns to Slow motion as I watch my best friend of 11 years drop to the ground. "No, no , NO" I yell trying to reach her.

Club goers are scrambling and racing around making it difficult for me to reach her. Finally I make it through the crowd but stop dead in my tracks looking at the empty space where her body should've been.

"What the fuck" I whisper to myself in pure confusion. What is going on, she was shot but her bodies gone. Someone must have taken her...

Suddenly I'm dragged to the ground and my arms thrown into handcuffs. "You're under arrest..." I don't hear the rest as my thoughts fade  off into a blur.

Selene she's gone, she could be dead. I promised her I would get her out but I couldn't. I failed her.