GOD VISHNU INCARNATION

1- Shri Sankadi Muni: According to the scriptures, in the beginning of the creation, Lok Pitamah Brahma did severe penance with the desire to create many worlds. Pleased with his penance, Lord Vishnu incarnated in the form of four sages named Sanak, Sanandan, Sanatan and Sanatkumar with the name Tapa meaning Vasan. All four of them were devoted to the path of salvation, engrossed in meditation, eternally accomplished and eternally disinterested. He is considered to be the first incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

2- Varah Avatar: According to religious texts, Lord Vishnu took the second incarnation in the form of Varah. In ancient times, when the demon Hiranyaksha took away the earth and hid it in the sea, then Lord Vishnu appeared in the form of Varaha from the nose of Brahma.

3- Narad Avatar: According to religious texts, Devarshi Narad is also an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. According to scriptures, Narada Muni is one of the seven Manas sons of Brahma. He has attained the post of Devarshi by hard penance.

4- Nar-Narayan: In the beginning of the creation, Lord Vishnu incarnated in two forms for the establishment of religion. In this incarnation, he was wearing a coiffure on his head. He had swan in his hands, Chakra in his feet and Srivatsa's symbol in his chest. According to religious texts, Lord Vishnu had taken this incarnation in the form of Nar-Narayan.

5- Kapil Muni: Lord Vishnu took the fifth incarnation as Kapil Muni. His father's name was Maharishi Kardam and mother's name was Devhuti. Saffron Kapil was also present there along with Vedgya Vyas etc. sages at the time of leaving the body of Bhishma Pitamah lying on the bed.

6- Dattatreya Avatar: According to religious texts, Dattatreya is also an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Moon was born from the part of Brahma, Durvasa from the part of Shankar and Dattatreya from the part of Vishnu.

7-Yagya: The name of the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu is Yagya. According to religious texts, Lord Yagya was born in Swayambhuva Manvantara.

8- Lord Rishabhdev: Lord Vishnu took the eighth incarnation as Rishabhdev.

9- Adiraj Prithu: The name of an incarnation of Lord Vishnu is Adiraj Prithu.

10- Matsya Avatar: According to the Puranas, Lord Vishnu had taken Matsya Avatar to save the universe from the holocaust. When the time came, Lord Vishnu, in the form of a fish, preached philosophy to King Satyavrat, famous as Pura.

11- Kurma Avatar: According to religious texts, Lord Vishnu helped in churning the ocean by taking the incarnation of Kurma (tortoise). Lord Vishnu's Kurma avatar is also known as Kachhap avatar. Mandarachal started moving fast on the huge back of Lord Kurma and thus the churning of the ocean was completed.

12- Lord Dhanvantari: According to the scriptures, when the gods and the demons together churned the sea, the first terrible poison came out of it, which was consumed by Lord Shiva. After this, Uchchaishrava horse, Goddess Lakshmi, Airavat elephant, Kalpa tree, Apsaras and many other gems emerged from the churning of the ocean. In the end, Lord Dhanvantari appeared with the pot of nectar. This Dhanvantari is considered an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. He has also been considered the master of medicines.

13- Mohini Avatar: According to religious texts, Lord Vishnu did good to the gods by taking Mohini avatar.

14- Lord Narasimha: Lord Vishnu had killed Hiranyakashipu, the king of demons by taking Narasimha avatar. When Hiranyakashipu himself was about to kill Prahlad, Lord Vishnu appeared from the pillar in the form of Narasimha and killed Hiranyakashipu with his nails.

15- Vaman Avatar: After some time Lord Vishnu took Vaman Avatar.

16- Hayagriva Avatar: In Lord Hayagriva Avatar, Lord Vishnu's neck and face were like a horse. Then Lord Hayagriva reached the abyss and killed Madhu-Katabh and gave the Vedas back to Lord Brahma.

17-Shri Hari Avatar: According to religious texts, after hearing the praise of Gajendra, Lord Shri appeared and killed the crocodile with his chakra. Lord Shri Hari saved Gajendra and made him his councillor.