11. Second Lead

"Here."

I accepted the drink gratefully from Minho's hand, uncapping it and drinking like half the bottle to try and soothe my throat. He disappeared again, and I heard some doors open and close before he was back at my side, extending his hand.

"Take these too." I took the pill bottle from his hand, shaking a few into my palm. "It should help with the headaches and nausea and crap."

"Thanks."

Minho nodded and disappeared back into the kitchen.

I silently took the medicine, staring out into the empty cafe. Minho had rushed us out of the boy's dorm as fast as he could, giving me his hoodie in order to slip me past the front desk. I really don't think we convinced anybody, the boy at the front desk looked tired and traumatized enough to not ask questions. Seungmin and Jeongin did not join us, since their only real connection to this whole situation was me. There was no real need. However, this left Minho and I in a very uncomfortable sense of understanding.

Minho didn't want to talk about it.

And I definitely did not want to talk about it.

So now here we were, sitting in Minho's not-quite -opened cafe while trying our best to be absolutely silent.

I jumped when he appeared beside the stool I was sitting on behind the counter.

     I put my hand on my chest. "Gosh, Minho! Are you trying to kill me?"

     He rolled his eyes like he couldn't believe I just said that.

     He pointed at the empty counter in front of me. "Aren't you going to eat?"

     I raised the juice he gave me.

     "I said eat, not drink."

     "Will you feel better if I chew it?"

     Minho snatched the medicine bottle from the counter. "It's amazing you can still be sarcastic when you look like crap."

     "Wow Minho. I didn't know that! Thanks for the vote of confidence after my lovely little pass out excursion yesterday! It makes me feel so good about myself!"

     "You're really campaigning for jerk of the year, aren't you?"

     "As defending champion, are you nervous?"

     Minho scowled. "Can't you just go back to being unconscious?"

     I mock saluted. "Sir yes sir!"

     He mumbled something under his breath as he walked back to the kitchen, probably about how I don't take things seriously while he checks his pastries. If I could, I would've followed him back there to annoy him further, but he specifically sat me on this chair and told me to rest, and I was feeling tired enough that I was willing to listen with only mild complaining.

     I moved to stand up and immediately Minho poked his head out of the kitchen.

"What did I say?"

I made a sound of protest as he pushed me back to sit on the stool. "What? Can I not move?"

There was the mild complaining.

"No." Minho answered. "Gosh, why do you have to be such a handful sometimes?"

"That's why you have two hands."

The sound of the door bell ringing stopped Minho in his tracks, his hands still on both my shoulders.

He dramatically sighed. "I was about to go insane. Take her. Take her, I don't want her anymore."