Chapter 19

They both wake up late in the morning, and a shopping plan is initiated at Vidyunt's insistence. Knowing Vikram's reluctance to go out with Naina, he orchestrates the outing. So, now he sits in the car, with Vedansh and Vidhi also present, ready to go.

Arriving at the mall, they realize it's been a while since they've seen a movie, so they decide to catch one as well. The brothers and Vidhi intentionally sit together, leaving Vikram and Naina a bit apart. As the movie begins, they notice Naina completely engrossed in it, while Vikram occasionally glances at his phone or watches the movie, his attention not fully on Naina. Observing this, Vidyunt silently thinks to himself that some habits die hard.

He takes out his phone and texts Vikram, "Hey, are you only paying attention to the movie? Give some attention to your girl too."

Vikram, engrossed in the movie, reads the message and glances at Vidyunt, who subtly nods towards Naina. However, Vikram ignores him and instead focuses on his kids, who are thoroughly enjoying themselves. After the movie ends, everyone exits the theater.

Vidhi heads off to order some food with Vidyunt, while vidhi starts to leave but notices Diya and is about to walk past her. However, Diya spots her and approaches her.

"Hey Vidhi, how are you?" Diya speaks with a sweet tone, but Vidhi ignores her. However, Diya interjects, "By the way, how's your new Bhabhii? She must be worried about her life. I mean, you guys don't ease up on your bhaiya. I have a feeling she'll leave you guys pretty quickly if you keep that up..."

Vidhi grows angry hearing Diya's words. "It's very difficult for her to put up with you people," she retorts.

"You know, she might talk to you with love now, but eventually, she'll distance your bhaiya from you too," Diya continues, provoking Vidhi. "No," Vidhi responds angrily, "she'll never do that. You know nothing about her. Not everyone is like you."

"Why is it your problem? You know, when Vikram and I used to date, because of you, he used to leave me and come to you. And because of that, misunderstandings started between us," Diya says, trying to sow seeds of doubt in Vidhi's mind.

"It's simple, Vidhi. If Vikram doesn't spend time with her because of you all, Naina will keep Vikram away from you too. Right now, she might be pretending to be innocent, but if you come between them, she'll leave you," Diya concludes, manipulating the situation.

Meanwhile, Naina looks at Vedansh and tells him, "I'll be back soon. Stay here; your bhaiya will be here shortly." Vikram had received a call and was talking a little further away.

Naina leaves the food counter and spots Vidhi talking to someone. Diya seizes the opportunity to instigate Vidhi against Naina before leaving. Engrossed in Diya's words, Vidhi doesn't notice Naina approaching until someone puts a hand on her shoulder. Turning around, she sees Naina standing there.

Naina asks gently, "What happened, Vidhi? You're here. Who were you talking to?" But every time she mentions Divya, Vidhi forcefully removes Naina's hand from her shoulder.

Taken aback by Vidhi's behavior, Naina tries to understand, "Why... Why can't I talk to anyone? Will you complain to bhaiya about me for this?" She doesn't comprehend Vidhi's sudden anger; she was merely asking a normal question, as any family member would.

"Are you going to take bhaiya away from us over this?" Naina's eyes widen at Vidhi's last sentence.

Vidhi continues, "You don't need to pretend to care or love us. Bhaiya isn't here; drop your false drama." Vidyunt approaches with the food, witnessing Vidhi's anger towards Naina. He becomes confused and listens to Vidhi, growing angry at her disrespectful words towards Naina.

Before he intervenes, Vidhi says something that shocks him, and his gaze turns to Naina. Seeing Vidhi's rage and misunderstanding of Naina's love, tears well up in her eyes as she listens silently.

Just as Vidyunt reaches them, he grabs Vidhi tightly and shakes her, his anger evident. "Do you even realize what you're saying to bhabhi?" he admonishes her sternly.

Vidhi suddenly becomes frightened as she sees Vidyunt's anger directed towards her. Naina quickly scans the surroundings to ensure no one is watching, then steps forward. She places her hand on Vidyunt's and gently moves him away, saying, "What are you doing? Leave her; she's scared." Reluctantly, Vidyunt releases Vidhi at Naina's request.

Vidhi looks at Naina and then leaves the scene. Vidyunt, feeling remorseful, lowers his eyes and says, "I apologize on her behalf. She's been talking too much lately."

"You don't need to explain this to Vikram; I don't want it to turn into a big drama," Naina replies, making an excuse to leave. She heads to the washroom, leaving Vidyunt puzzled about her decision to protect Vidhi.

Vidyunt joins Ved and sits down, casting an angry glance at Vidhi. Just then, Vikram arrives and takes a seat. Ved informs him, "Bhaiya, bhabhi will be here soon."

They begin to eat, and shortly after, Naina joins them. However, she eats without any real appetite. Vikram, though he had been waiting for her, starts eating as soon as she arrives.

Vidhi observes Naina secretly eating and wonders why she hasn't told Bhaiya yet. By now, Diya would have likely made a scene, leading to scolding for Vidhi as well.

After the meal, they head to the car and drive away. Vikram glances at Naina through the rearview mirror. Both Naina and Vidhi appear calmer since eating, and Vidyunt seems somewhat different. Naina is deeply hurt by Vidhi's words; she hadn't realized Vidhi harbored such thoughts about her. Throughout the journey, Vikram observes Naina looking out the window, her usual smile replaced by visible pain in her eyes.

                          ~~~~

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.