Chapter 6

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

My eyes gazed over the man laid on the ground with his hands handcuffed behind his back as we pulled up outside the club in Downtown Sacramento.

"Not again" Delano heavily sighed while shaking his head. He parked the car and left it in a haste which left me who had no choice but to follow.

"Yo what's going on man I left you in charge for one day and this shit happens?" Delano approached a tall light skin with tats.

I watched the two for a while before they head over to talk with the cops. I decided to head back into the car because my feet were killing me.

My fingertips ran over the stitch on the handrest getting lost in my thoughts. It was irresponsible of me to get into another man's car whom I've just met and no nothing about. He could've kidnapped me and held me hostage by now but I could sense a dominant and protective energy from him so I'd say the chances are quite low.

I heard a light tap on the window and I jumped when I noticed Delano's head behind it.

"You good?" he laughed scrunching up his eyebrows when I opened the door to exit the car.

Ohhh so he think this was funny

"How could I when your big head was blocking my view" I shot back.

"Relax I only asked a question" he chuckled.

"So tell me about this club" I ran my eyes over the building.

He held the door opened for me as I walked into the club. The air was cool and I had to blink a couple times for my eyes to get used to the darkness.

The walls were painted a deep black with gold accents. Instead of bright harsh colored strobe lights other clubs had, this one gave more of a rich setting with warm pendant lights throughout the club which I thought was unique.

"Hey Genie glad you got here as soon as you can Ashley's in the back" a tall lightskin girl approached us wearing short black leather shorts and a gold flashy bikini top with black fish net stockings and stripper heels.

I'm surprised how she could even walk in those.

"Ok good" Delano nodddd his head. "Nylah this is Trinity could you take ger to the VIP and serve her some drinks and don't worry the drinks are on me." he made eye contact with me.

"I have something very important to deal with right now and then we can talk." he told me and I nodded my head.

He then walked off leaving the girl and I staring at each other's faces.

"You don't talk much do you?" she cocked her head to the side giving me a once over look with her squinted eyes.

I'm not quiet just selective

"Follow me" she gestured with her hand.

"Genie hired you so you're here for orientation right?"

I heard her called out to Delano with that name a few mins ago so I went along with it.

"Uh not quite he invited me here" I replied.

"Oh so you one of his mistresses" she smirked.

Mistresses?

"No just a... friend" I corrected her.

"Oh my bad" she apologized. "Well here we are" she drawed two separate halves of curtains open.  There was only a black velvet couch and a table with different bottles of wine and champagnes.

"What would you like to drink? We got scotch, Appleton, whatever you like"

"Water would be good thank you" I told her taking a seat on the couch.