Chapter 20

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

"Are you okay? I didn't mean for you to get hurt" Delano pushed the door open to my room.

I rolled my eyes and turned my head away from him. Right now I wasn't in the mood for talking especially about my pregnancy.

"I'd appreciate it if you stop acting so childish. Learn to be the bigger person before someone else gets hurt." I muttered

"Fair enough"

"Look I don't care what you got going on with your ex that's nun of my business but if he's acting so possessive and controlling with you imagine when you have your child. I don't want to see you setting yourself up for failure cause you're smarter than that Trin."

I just broke down in tears

I felt so overwhelmed with life

Delano sat down beside me on the bed and put an arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him as I cried into his chest.

I can barely keep my life together. If my mom didn't leave me none of this would be so hard. I quit my job. I haven't spoken to my sister in almost a month. I have a terrible love life and I'm barely scraping by on bills. Now I'm pregnant with a baby I'm not sure the father wants–

"My life is a mess" I sobbed

"Life might be hard but I won't judge you for it because I understand life may not turn exactly how you want it sometimes and that's ok." Delano tried to reassure me.

"You gave me a disgusted look when Kya said I was pregnant."

"At the fact that you were having his baby. Didn't he get another girl pregnant as well?"

"See you are judging me"

"C'mon Trin is not like that" he smacked his lips.

"Then you would be happy for me having this baby." I got out his arms.

"All I'm saying is that you could've picked a better baby father."

"Oh Woww" I mugged him.

"I didn't mean it that way" he smacked his lips

"Look Trin I've liked you for some time now and I hoped we could start dating and shit, but now that you having a baby I'm thinking that'll never happen."

Am I hearing things clearly?

"I like you too" I replied

The kiss happened so quick leaving me in shock.

His eyes speculated my face waiting for a reaction from me.

I didn't think I just kissed him back. I thought it was just a stupid crush thinking I'd get nowhere but here I am doing something I never thought would happen but secretly longing for.

"Trinity the food is r– OH MY GOD!!"

I pulled away from Delano like the flash and looked over at Kya by the door.

Delano sighed looking at her

"I didn't mean to interrupt y'all but the food is ready and Ayo is waiting on you Trin."

"Oh right" I heavily sighed

Delano's phone started ringing and he kissed his teeth putting it into his pocket. "Ima head out as well. I got somewhere I need to be"

"Oh ok" I responded

Delano got up and left the room without another word

_________

"How far along are you?"

"I don't know,, I haven't made an appointment yet."

"We should go to the appointment together. I can take a day off that day."

"Ok that sounds good" I nodded my head

"I'm sorry for earlier I just hope the baby is ok and you as well Trin." Ayo said

"Thanks Ayo"

"I can't believe we're having a baby together. Shii I thought we'd at least get married first" he had a proud smile on his face.

"Yeah" I fake smiled

I'm not looking forward to this at all.

"I know you may think of me to be an unfit father Trin but I'm not losing another opportunity of becoming a father."

"Ok you can come with me to my first appointment. I'll text you the address and details."

"Ok thanks for hearing me out. I'll see you later I've got work in a couple hours." A smile appeared on his face.

"Mhm" I responded watching him leave my apartment.

"Oh so that's the baby daddy" Kya walked out the kitchen with a plate full of food.

She had a sly smirk on her face.

"Yeah you're delusional ass can have him I could care less" I got up making way into the kitchen for some food as well.

________

𝐀𝐘𝐎

"Hey!" I shouted at the man standing by the door.  I recognized him who held me at gunpoint a–

I don't even know what day it was and all of my belongings I kept on me were gone including my phone.

"Yo let me out this chair!" I squirmed, trying to untie my hands that were tied by a rope behind the chair.

Renae

"Yo where's my girlfriend? Short slim girl with green eyes?"

The guy kept on ignoring me

"Yo I'm talking to you baldy where the fuck my girl at?"

I was getting angrier by the second

"Shut the fuck up will you?" badly mugged me.

"I swear once I get out this chair best believe I'll s–"

"What you gonna do huh?!" the man ran up towards me pointing his gun in my face.

"Doug relax!" I heard another voice. A beam of sunlight hit my eye for a second before the door closed again.

It was hella dark in here all I could see were two faint bodies. One slim and one big. I'm guessing the big one was baldy.

"Remember I need him alive

"He kept talking boss"

"What is this? Where am I? Where's my girl?" my eyes skipped from one being to the other.

"Your girl is safe upstairs. If you'd like I could bring her down here" the slim guy spoke but I couldn't see his face clearly.

"I swear if you did anything to her–"

"Look  Andrew the more you cooperate with me the faster you'll get out of here and get back to your girlfriend."

"How do you know my name?"

"You sure do have a lot of questions Andrew. Well I have sone for you as well and like I said if you cooperate the sooner you'll see your pretty girlfriend."

___________________________