21 | Aurora - Jade

✧.*  Aurora  ✧.*

I was pacing back and forth around the room, thinking about the consequences of my last interaction with Jade. I shouldn't have let my emotions take over, but every time he's around, I feel so helpless. And now I will be staying at his house for I don't know how long, and I don't know how I am ever going to face him again without being awkward and blushing like a teenager.

Air. I needed air.

As I just came outside my room, I saw Adrian coming out of Jade's room. We both halted as we looked at each other. I gave him a polite smile while he gave me a look as he arched his brow, and his eyes were filled with amusement. I blinked a few times, confusion lacing my expression as I tried to understand what was so amusing to him right now.

"Ah." He pointed his finger above like he remembered something: "Dinner is ready; you should come join us." I could practically see him biting his inner cheeks as he tried to hold a grin. It made me more suspicious about why Adrian was behaving this way. I wonder what happened when he was with Jade in his room.

Hold up!

Did he...?

No. No he can't

I'll kill him if he ever told him or anyone about what happened earlier.

"Ms. Monroe?" Adrian called me again. He must have seen me zoning out just now.

Yeah, let's go." I gave him a nervous smile, avoiding looking at him as my cheeks were burning again with the embarrassment. I have no idea what would have happened had Jade told him that he was behaving like that in front of me, but whatever the case, I don't think I'd be able to look into Adrian's eye without knowing the actual reason for his behaviour.

Coming downstairs along with Adrian, I saw Christian setting the table. He glanced in our direction and gave us a sweet smile.

"We are having takeout today." He placed a dish on the dining table. "I promise there will be home-cooked food tomorrow. I don't think you would like to have junk every day." He looked at me while smiling, and I thanked him as we all sat down to have dinner. Adrian poured all of us a glass of red wine, and Christian was serving lasagna to us.

"Please be comfortable and enjoy yourself." Christian said it politely, and I nodded at him with a smile. I glanced at Adrian, who was sitting on the opposite side of me, and he was still trying hard to hold his grin.

"One more thing." Christian said as he sipped his wine. "I have appointed a caretaker again; as I said, she is a middle-aged woman and has worked previously with one of our office employees when his wife was pregnant with twins. So, I hope there will be nothing to worry about for you when you stay here. If you need anything else, you can always tell us."

"Thank you so much for everything, Mr. Grogan." I smiled and he nodded.

Both of them were eating their food, mostly in silence. The clinking of cutlery could be heard every now and then as I was also eating peacefully. But after taking two bites of my food, I glanced around and saw something missing.

More like someone.

"Where's Jade?" I looked at both of them one by one. Adrian glanced at Christian, while Christian became instantly uncomfortable, halting his hand as he was about to take another bite. He sighed and put his fork down, slumping his shoulders.

"He eats after us." Adrian cleared his throat. "He doesn't get hungry this early."

"Tell her the truth." Christian spoke, still looking down. "She needs to know in order to know him better."