Chapter 8 Leave

I get to my house and as I approach my lawn, I hear a loud motor behind me. It's Zane. He pulls up— as if he's in urgency, driving his mustang with the window rolled down and his hand out chilling outside the window. "Ay ki." He nods his head up at me, "Come on."

"Zane." I cross my hands and look around, "Yea?"

He smiles while the sun makes his eyes squint at me, then scoots the debris off his seat and gets out the car and opens the door for me. Sweet but I wasn't considering it at all. We lock eyes while he waits for me to get in, "I'm busy Z.  I'll see you later." He gazes away and puts his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Ki your like the busiest person I know. You're always busy. Doing what?" He waits for me to answer as I tilt my head and look at him, while he has no business to know I answer.
L
"Thinking. Busy thinking."

"Maybe you should try not thinking so much. Get outta your head and get into reality y'know. Live in the moment." He really emphasizes on the reality. I'll see you later Ki." He adjusts his jacket and walks back in his car and before he closes the door—"

"Wait." He turns back and looks over his car at me.

I Veiw my surroundings, "What?" He says about to sit back down.

"Wait uh, my mom's not home so you can just chill here till we have to leave, also I have to talk about some stuff with you."

"Ight. Okay, I'll order us in some food cause I'm bout hungry as shii and your mom don't ever have nun."

"Well we have food you're just an unhealthy fuck," he closes the door and slight jogs over to me. He Puts his hand on my back guiding me in the house  and we go inside.

"Where's your bitch at?"

"I don't know why?," I push my glasses up on my face and look him up and down.

" No reason just askin," he sits down on the couch and he looks up at me, "So you fuckin with me now?" He licks his lips and turns away when he says it.

I roll my eyes and walk to the kitchen, "Your only here because I need someone to overthink my thoughts with and I can't tell Alex my business."

He cheeses and looks down, "I'm not about to sit here and do that witchu. We gone get it over wit then get our money Ight. You want sum to calm you down?

"No Alex I'm about to drink my mom's whole bottle of wine and I'll be fine.

"Ay pour me a cup while you're at it," I get the wine out the freezer and poor him a small cup but I grab the entire bottle and begin chugging it.

"Ki you'll b fine you're stressing for nothing and chances are ima have you guys stay in the car."

I plop down on the couch with a a lot of weight by Zane and I keep drinking till it's empty. He grabs the bottle from me and sets it Down. He budges my shoulder, "Easy ay, I don't wanna make you do this if you don't want to. You can just chill in the car and when things are done I'll take you home,  but I might need you to drive so lay off."

"I'm gonna throw up Zane hand me that bin." He looks at me and pauses, "hand me the bin!" I repeat with urgency, tilting my head over on the trash and he quickly pulls my hair behind my ear and flips my hair back. He holds my hair behind me  and looks away In comfort—disgust while rubbing my back.

"You good ki..?" I vomit in the trash and I set the trash bin down and I wipe my face. I look back at him to see him staring at my mouth with these low eyes as if he was in love with me. I ignore his dreamy eyes and look turn from him. I begin to feel my stomach bubble, we look back at each other at the same time with sync.

"What. You wanna kiss me Zane?"

"Huh?"He says as I look down holding my face in my hands.

"Why are you staring at my lips so hard I mean do you wanna kiss or what?" I look back in forth into  his hazel eyes and he scoots away from me slightly and puts his hand over my head checking my temperature.

"Ki. What did you drink?" He picks up his cup and smells it. "Yo did your mom mix some shit into this? I know for a fact this isn't just some wine, this smells strong as hell god damn.." He reaches his hand over me, putting his hand on top of mine and checks my  eyes with concern.

"Ki!" I raise my eyebrows and daze away from looking at him. "Ki!" He gently puts his hand under my face and I quickly turn away from his hand.

"I'm okay. K." The door bell rings and Zane gets up and looks back at me, "I hope it ain't Ms.Pearson." Zane gets up and peaks out the window. "Fuck it's Alex and my cars parked outside. He's gonna know I'm here . Fuck." I jump up and I can feel a sworn of butterflies entering my stomach.

"Ignore it." I whisper with seriousness. I lightly run upstairs and Zane follows behind me, "Zane why are you following me to my room right now?," I turn around looking down at him, "just take  your shoes off at my door." I go in my room and he takes his jacket off and as he looks up we make  eye contact. I could feel the tension between us. I sit on my bed and all I could see was him standing at my door Frame with his tan body and defined body through his white tank. I cover my face with my hands and lean over.

"Are you just gonna stand there.?"

"I don't know exactly what you want me to do?"

"Never mind." I look up at him angry.

"Ight." He walks up to me and cuffs my head with his hands then rubs his fingers through my hair. I get a safe feeling with him and I deny it every time but deep down I desire him.He places his hand over my forehead leaning my head back and I pull him in without hesitation because I miss the times we had when we were in love even with the strong feelings of guilt. I put my hands behind me and I lean back onto my bed.

He puts one knee in between my thighs and one hand over mine. He tilts my chin up looking in my eyes as I daze out. "I have to go get Alex Ki. If something happens to you