• Chapter Five •

We finally arrived at Soobin's home. It was pretty. The yard looked like it was well taken care of.

There was a few big trees that were pretty and they provide good shade but not too much.

There was also many pretty plants and flowers around the porch.

I stopped and looked closely at a pretty pink rose.

Soobin, who was still holding hands with me, he signed with one hand:

"Is it pretty?"

"Yes. Very pretty. They're my favorite flower."

He gave a cute smile and picked the flower and handed it to me.

I smiled and I started to feel my cheeks heat up so I looked back at the flowers.

Suddenly I heard Soobin's front door opened so I looked up, which make Soobin look too.

It was a woman about my mothers age. I assume it is his mother.

"Oh would you look at that!" She said with her hands on her hips as she looked at us from head to toe.

That's when I realized we were still holding hands and I was holding a rose in my hand... Yeah, that definitely doesn't give off possibly-dating-each-other vibes.

My cheek heated up again so I shyly let go of Soobin's hand.

"Sooooo. You must be Y/n? Soobin talks about you all the time. Thanks for being his uhh..."

"Best friend?!" I cut off.

"Oh. Yeah sure!" She smiled. "Would you like to come in for tea? I also made some of Soobin's favorite bread." She asked politely.

Soobin got a little excited, like he could lip read the words 'Soobin's favorite bread'

"Oh, I'd love to but let me text my mom first." I said as I pulled my phone out and texted my mom that I'd be at Soobin's.

She surprisingly responded quickly with: "okay! Have a nice time hun."

I put my phone back in my pocket and smiled to Mrs Choi. Then I followed Soobin and his mom inside.

His house was pretty. And not very messy at all. Unlike my house, heh.

Soobin's mother walked into her kitchen and Soobin and me sat next to each other on stools in front of the counter.

I so desperately wanted to ask Mrs Choi why she never learned sign language for Soobin. I don't feel like there is a good excuse for not learning it. But it's kind of personal and I don't want to ask personal questions on my first meeting with her.

Suddenly Soobin stood up and had a very happy look on his face.

"Want to meet Choi Odi?" He signed.

"Oh yes!" I stood up exitedly.

Suddenly Soobin took my hand and speed-walked upstairs with me.

I am kind of shocked that he grabbed my hand. Maybe it doesn't make his heart go 'boom boom' like mine does..

We stepped into his room. It wasn't too messy. It was simple and not too fancy. And on the wall the opposite side of his bed was a little plastic playpen thingy for his hedgehog.

We each sat down in front of it and Soobin signed:

"He is shy, like me. so he might not like you. I mean I like you though! Wait no, I like you but in a normal way-" he got shy and covered his face because of how his face turned pink.