• Chapter Ten •

"What?!?!" My eyes widened in shock. "Y- your crush is Geonil??"

I definitely was not expecting this... At all.

"Yes. But listen Y/n, he's not just some idiot guy who always tries wayyy to hard to get you to like him. There is a good side to him that you've never seen before." He said while trying to keep his and my voice down.

"Okay. Explain then. It's not that I don't believe you, but I'm just a curious cat." I said while turning to listen to him attentively.

"You know what curiosity did to the cat?" He raised one eyebrow at me.

"Ugh Kai.." I rolled my eyes as I stood up to sit somewhere else, until he stopped me.

"Ugh Y/n.. Sit back down!!! I'll tell you a story about him." He said while pulling my arm to sit down.

I sat down next to him and listened carefully.

"Geonil and me have known each other ever since as long as both of us can remember. We grew up together. We went on adventures together, we played together, we have lots of memories together.
He is a sweet boy, you know. He is also really handsome and charming.
I started to have a crush on him when we started middle school. I wasn't sure if it was one sided or not at that time, but I kept my feelings for him a secret for years.
As years went by, my feelings for Geonil only got stronger and stronger.
And-" He stopped and took a sip of his tea.

"Wow, and I guess it ended up being one sided... That's what I'm afraid will happen to me.." I said while Huening Kai drank his tea.

"Don't worry Y/n, Soobin clearly likes you." He said after his sip of tea.

I can only believe that if Soobin tells me himself..

"Yeah... Now continue, Kai." I said to him.

He nodded then continued:

"And that is when you came to school. He had such a big crush on you. He always talked to me about how much he liked you. Kind of like Soobin does now.
He had no idea the amount of pain it put on me just to listen to him talk about his love for someone who wasn't me, but I continued to keep my feelings a secret. I tried getting rid of my feelings for him as well, but they always came right back.
Eventually he started to feel like you hated his guts and he desperately liked you, so he got all his friends, one of them being me, and told them and me that he needed our help saving you from a relationship that wasn't right.
I thought maybe you were dating a guy who was toxic or abusive. But no, you were crushing on someone you loved, and someone who was genuine and sweet.
So despite being in love with Geonil, I stood up for the right thing.
Geonil got mad at me, and told me he didn't need me anymore, which hurt. But, maybe if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore after all these years, maybe I'll lose my feelings for him someday." He shrugged and pretended to not feel emotional, even though I can tell he must fight tears when he talks or thinks about this subject.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that Kai... It's one of my fears so I imagine it's so rough." I said while rubbing his back.

"Yeah it is.. But I suppose I'll get over it someday. For now, I want to see Soobin and you fall in love!!" He suddenly changed his sad mood and was bright and happy again.

I grinned at him.

Suddenly the school bell rang and lunch was over.

......

After school I texted Soobin to see if he wanted to meet at the same bridge we met at before.

He said 'yeah'!

I don't think I'll confess or anything, but my stomach hurts from butterflies just thinking about it.

I walked to the bridge and Soobin was already there.

Either he is so fast or he was already here, or close by when I asked him. Hmm.

I stood next to him and he looked at me, instantly smiling, then he waved, and I waved back.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm good. How about you?" I responded to him.

"I'm also good. I heard there is a school dance for you. Will you go?" He asked.

"Nope.. I have nobody to go with. I mean, nobody there who I want to go with." I signed.

"Oh, okay, I see." He then looked at the water under the bridge, "oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you I have a private teacher that is teaching me how to lip read." He signed.

"Oh wow! That's awesome, Soobin!" I signed, while using Soobin's new sign language name instead of spelling.

He smiled and even blushed a bit when he saw me sign his new sign language name.

That reminds me! I still want to know the meaning of mine. He was going to tell me yesterday until his mother cut him off.

"Hey Soobin, you never did end up telling me the meaning of my sign language name." I signed, then looked at him attentively.

He blushed more then opened his mouth as if he was going to speak.

Clearly, he was trying to convince himself to just speak even though he must be super shy to use his voice.

Then finally I heard his voice for the first time ever:

"It's b- because you give me butterflies" he got shy after saying that and covered his face like he was afraid of a negative reaction.

His voice is more adorable than I could have ever imagined!

I actually am starting to get butterflies. So many.

I tapped on Soobin to get his attention.

He looked up at me with his cute face that was pink from blush.

"You give me butterflies too. I like-" I suddenly froze. My heart is beating so fast.

"I like you too." He said, using his adorable voice again.

My cheeks started to heat up. And so was his.

And then Soobin slowly and gently put my hair behind my ear and caressed my cheek with one hand, giving me almost too much butterflies to handle.

My heart is beating so sooo fast too and I feel like I might die. In a good way hehe.

Then Soobin bent down slightly and gently kissed my lips. And I kissed back.

This is my first kiss ever..

A few seconds later I hear someone clapping loudly which causes me to pull away from Soobin's kiss.

We both look and find Huening Kai clapping with a smirk on his face. . .

____________