ENTRY SIX: Welcome to Town

Amongst the dark covering forest, there was an area thats stood out the most. This place was like no other; twinkling sunlight as it bursts through the leaves. The big arch sign greeted me with a shine, "Welcome to Town!". This honestly turned my day upside down; The gloomy atmosphere transitioned to a blissful ambience. Well, I guest this is it, my first quest; complete! I finally found civilization.

I continue to tail the little girl towards her home. We then arrive at a private establishment, bigger than a mansion. It seemed to be a owned by a rich entrepreneur, who's apparently famous in the area. To my left, there are advertisements that feature his sophisticated looks, To my right, its a glimpse of a show reflecting his critique towards food. Yeah, he was that popular.

A bit after a stroll through palace gardens and vineyards, we arrived at the face of the mansion. The little girl proceeds to open a door that looked 5 times taller than her height. That businessman must be tall, no? As I approached the door, thunder stroke from behind, nearly tripping on a pebble. Startled crows abandoned ship and flew away. This honestly how every scary play starts.

That thought had me wary and cautious, always overthinking my next step. This place looked pretty before, but now, oh boy... This mansion would probably chase me in my nightmares, slowly pulling me towards it until I get swallowed. Without making a single careless misstep, I carefully ascend on the front stairs. As soon as I lay my foot on the first step, I startle. A loud creak noise is made upon stepping on it. It looks like this place is wanting to leave the most horrific impression it can get from me. I plead to the mansion, but it does not cooperate. "Well, I guess I have to tolerate this treacherous behavior for a while.." It looks like that gloomy atmosphere really is attached to me, isn't it?

I've been mumbling so much complaints that I didn't notice it was getting dark and about to rain. Right as I register that in my head, the Lord hears the message and sends rainfall. I rush to the entrance, carefree. I knock, utilizing the big ring that was supposedly a "doorbell" to be heard easily.

A butler then greets me in the door, wearing a smile that shows me I'm welcome. He holds a towel, all neatly folded just for me, at least, he says so. Flattered by that fact, I gladly accept the welcome gift. Now this is a true gentleman, unlike those soldiers. Bitterness climbs back up throat, wanting to spit it out. Anyways, I make my way in, brushing my feet through the fuzzy red carpet.

That was not was not what I was anticipating. That situation was lacking awkwardness, when it should be. It was almost like he foresighted my arrival. Hmm, I guess I'll just go with the flow.

We walked down several hallways, one of which was a room of artifacts and jewelry, which proves all the more that crazy rich people sure do live up to their expectations.

The first room I passed was a mirror room. Each mirror had a different frame, some gold, others brass. The light that was not present could've ricocheted around the room, bouncing on and on 'till the last mirror. I was a bit mesmerized by the many reflections that appeared like clones. Each mirror reflected a different personality of mine. Brass mirrors showcased my angry self, while gold ones boasted my pure golden heart. Thats when I discovered my true self and who I wanted to really be in the future. Who knows? maybe a few hundred years later, science will
make a major leap; truly making shocking discoveries and so called "technology", as my science professor blabbers about.

The next room was full of spooky scary stuff. Fountains of creepy "manananggal" eating babies from wombs; with dyed red water to make an illusion of blood. Famous "espadas" of Spanish warriors were also displayed on a shelf, glimmering in honor. I then came to realization after seeing a horn that said "THUNDERR.". I demanded an explanation to why that was there, and also reprimanded them to not prank me with it, as I almost tripped, fell, and a dislocated jaw. In his defense, he said: "Well, we need that horn to scare off young children from entering this mansion, and if you didn't notice, you are one." I didn't want to prolong the conversation, but I had to reply. "Why did you let me in then?" I contradict his words. "Boss's orders I suppose. I heard a faint dampened sound, suggesting to let you in." I suppose thats a sufficient answer already, so I nodded.

Next, we waltz our way to our final stop; the guest room. He waits outside for me to settle in, and then left my company later on. I double inspect the room, searching for anything suspicious. Nothing wrong with the place, it was just missing a bathroom.

Speaking of the bathroom, I need to visit one. I exit the room, navigating my way through the narrow hallways that stretched so far that the end thinned into the horizon. As I pass by a giant door, my instinct pinged me. There might be a bathroom in here. I enter without permission, as I probably don't need one since I'm a guest here, right? besides, Its just for a moment.

I pinpoint a bathroom at the right side of the room, right behind a divider wall, then do my business. After I finish I slowly open the door, careful not to make a sound. Right as I close the bathroom door, muffled sounds can be heard behind the wall. I cautiously creep to the edge of the wall, hugging it while peeking. A tall guy then talks to the little girl earlier, the main reason I'm here. "You can't go there, iha! Its too dangerous! You know what happened to your mother before-". The conversation cuts, as I accidentally drop a vase while hugging the wall. They pinpoint the noise, and stare in my direction. I'm not sure if they got a blur glimpse of me, though I hope not. Following that thought was footsteps coming closer. My adrenaline rapidly rises; tension is once again high. Oh shit, I'm dead.