𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝟭𝟭

     𝗔 𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗘 of happiness ran through her veins as she chased Dazai around the park. Feeling the soft breeze run past through her hair, sending a few strands flying and the cold touch of the breeze on her skin, accompanied by the gentle sound of nature cracking below them as their shoes stepped on the pile of leaves. The shadows of the moving trees above them shone on the ground.

It felt refreshing, like cold water on a hot day, like the feeling of entering a conditioned room after walking for twenty minutes around the burning yard. It was somewhat comforting, almost therapeutic even. Almost. It was like living the childhood she couldn't have; stripped away from her.

They had placed down their coffee on a near-by bench while running around the park like nine year olds, not one slowing down or giving each other the taste of victory.

Why was she so worked up right after being called short? Was it his voice? Or was it that mocking grin that he gave her? Whatever it was that clicked on her switch, she could not name it.

"Wait, wait, wait," Dazai held out his hand, his palm facing her as he bent down with one hand on his knee. He panted. "Where the hell did you get this much stamina?"

Now, a normal person would've slowed down and answered his question.

Fortunately for her and unfortunately for him, she was not normal.

She dashed towards him. Hence, the start of another game of tag.

•••••

"You still did not answer my question," Dazai said as he held his cup of coffee in his hand. His legs were spread out in front of them as he leaned back on the back rest of the bench. "Why the hell did you have that much stamina?"

She took a sip from her coffee and sighed. "Training."

"For what?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"No."

"Then why ask?"

"Because I don't know what else to say to keep the conversation going."

Dazai took a sip from his cup of coffee while Y/N looked down and cracked a smile. It was funny hearing someone admit that they didn't know how to keep a conversation going.

Silence fell over the two as their train of sight stuck to the beach in front of them. They watched the waves crash to the shore and retreat back to the big blue. They watched the sea birds fly over the waters. They watched the beach ball being thrown up then being caught back down. And they watched in silence, the only sound accompanying them was the laughter of the children playing nearby.

"Why did you leave yesterday?" Dazai asked, breaking the silence.

Y/N looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh?"