40

Chapter Forty
"Deven kaam, demon zyada hai."
[Deven less, he's more like a demon. Brainless moron]

× SAHIL ×

"Chamatkar, yaar. At least tell me kab tak gussa rahegi." I increased my speed while walking and held her hand which caused her to stop.
[At least tell me how much time are you going to be angry with me]

"Humesha" She replied and tried to get her hand out of my hold. She even used her other hand to unwrap my fingers from her wrist but it was of no use. "Haath chodo Mera"
[Forever/ Leave my hand]

"Chodne ke liye thodi pakda hai"
[I didn't hold your hand to leave it]

"Let me go, Sahil." She warned and showed me angry eyes.

"Sorry-"

"Tum kyu sorry bol rahe ho? Mujhe bolna chahiye, Maine hi toh galti ki. Disrespectfully baat ki, Argue kiya, and sabse badi galti, tumhare liye kiya. Sorry, Sahil ji. Very sorry, maaf kardo." I heard her say in the sweetest tone possible and then she made an apologetic face at the end.
[Why are you apologizing? I should tell you, I made a mistake. I was disrespectful, I argued, and the biggest mistake, I did that for you Sorry, Sahil. Very sorry, Please forgive me]

"I was wrong-" she interrupted me.

"Sahil ji toh King hai King, woh aapne aap ko wrong bol rahe hai? Mujhe bura lag raha hai, mat bolo. Arey, lekin han, people pleaser ho sorry toh tum hi bolege har jagah, bhale mean karo ki nahi"

[Sahil is King and he is calling himself wrong? Don't, I'm feeling bad. But, right, after all, he is a people pleaser. He will say sorry even if he doesn't mean it.]

I was wrong, I accept it. I'm trying to do something about it but this behaviour of hers won't let me succeed, ever. She's taunting me for every word I say and isn't even letting me explain.

If this continues, how am I supposed to turn everything right?

This is irritating me.

You made a mistake, now take whatever you get in return. Stop whining.

"I mean it-"

"Okay. Leave my hand now" She muttered irritatedly, and I left her hand. She walked a few steps while I stood there looking at her moving figure. Then after a second, she halted in her position while my heart beat like crazy, she turned around and said.

"Jab khud sorry feel ho tabh aake kehna, maaf kar dungi. Dusro ke kehne ke baad wala sorry nahi chahiye mujhe" With that she walked away and I stood there clueless like an idiot.
[When you feel sorry by yourself, then come and tell me, I'll forgive you. I don't want the sorry which others told you to tell me]

Soon, the mehendi started and the ladies were very happy while the men were serving them everything they needed in their footsteps. My mom was talking to someone on the phone which was dad was holding beside her ear while putting the piece of gulab jamun inside her mouth.

I grew up with very romantic parents, Why am I the unromantic one?

If I ever want to experience love, I would want it to be the same as my parents.