chapter XIII

: ̗̀➛ੈ✩‧₊˚

— daylight !chapter thirteen ; henley hall

daylight !
chapter thirteen ; henley hall

‼️IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END‼️

BREAKFAST THE NEXT MORNING ISN'T AS AWKWARD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE

BREAKFAST THE NEXT MORNING ISN'T AS AWKWARD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. Neither Neil or I are avoiding each other, and he seems to be his usual happy self. The only thing out of the ordinary is the play tonight, which is probably putting Neil on edge, but other than that everything seems fine.

Except for Renee and Charlie. She still isn't talking to him, understandably. He still hasn't said sorry for the situation at the last meeting. Everyone knows about it, and they can all feel the tension.

Renee's sadness quickly turned to anger. I distinctly remember her drawing a picture of Charlie as the devil, then cutting it aggressively with scissors.

Charlie, on the other hand, is so desperate to get her back, even if it's only been a day and a half. Yesterday, he marched into our class with a giant sign reading

RAVISHING RENEE, TAKE ME BACK
FOR I AM NO LONGER ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Most of the girls thought it was the loveliest gesture in the world. Renee payed no mind to it.

Two hours later, he barged into our doom room after school had finished with a brush in his hand singing Ritchie Valens' new song We Belong Together. Renee smacked the brush out of his hand and walked out.

This morning, I almost tripped over the tulips he had left at our door for Renee when I was heading out for breakfast. I still don't know what Renee did with those, but I'm pretty sure I saw some ripped tulip petals on our windowsill when I went back to grab my school tie.

"So, he comes up to me and says 'you're pretty good at chess..., for a girl,' and I don't think I've ever wanted to smack someone so much," Josie explains, deepening her voice when impersonating a boy.

✔︎ DAYLIGHT, neil perryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara