𝐢𝐢

𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Where's your little boyfriend?"  My uncle asks while I lay on my mom's couch.

"I don't have a man unc." I roll my eyes.

"Aw, he'll be back sweetie." He chuckles, sitting down.

"Please don't summon him." I sigh.

I do miss him. Gotta stand on business tho.

"When you see him, give him some of the ribs I gave you. That boy love my ribs." My mom says while boiling eggs for potato salad.

He love mine too lol

"I won't- I mean I will." I reply making her look back at me and roll her eyes.

My older sister comes in the house with her son and locks the door.

"Hey Sev." I greet her.

"Hey Remi. Hey mama. Hey Uncle." She sits the bags on the kitchen counter.

"Hey babyyy!" My mom rushes to hug her.

"Hey Ugly." I smile at my nephew Franklin.

I don't know why she gave this boy his daddy's ugly ass name.

"Hiii." He smiles at us.

"Hey lil boy." My uncle lifts him up then sits him down and sits back in his seat.

"Come here lil nigga." I put my arms out.

He crawls in my lap and I hold him.

"I just came to drop off a lil sum and see if my mail came here." Sevaia sits in the kitchen by my mom.

"Whatchu bring?" Mom looks through the bags.

"Ohhhhhh!" She smiles seeing all types of cooking stuff: spatulas, aprons, and house things like towels, all of which my mom loves.

"So fuck me, huh?" Uncle Rob says.

"Uncle please don't cuss around Franklin." She sighs, frowning at him.

"As if he don't hear the shit from the shit you watch around him and what his daddy be saying to you." He scoffs.

"Oh my God... I gotchu sum stuff for the grill Uncle." She gives up and hands him a bag.

"Why thank you." He smiles.

"I didn't get any mail for you honey, I just checked it today. Whatchu looking for anyway?" Mom says.

"Oh nothing..." She trails off then looks at me.

"Have you looked into nursing programs yet sis?" She asks me.

"Don't call me that Sevaia." I ignore her question.

"Oh Sev you know she don't wanna be no doctor like you. Just let the girl be." My uncle tries to intervene.