| Chapter 1 | Unexpected gift

Mae was always a quiet girl, a wallflower in her Grade 6 class. Her timidity often made her the target of bullies, But despite the unkind words and mean-spirited actions, Mae remained resilient, finding solace in her dreams and imagination.

| Friday |
it was their school summer break and grandmother wanted to visit, but due to grandmother's old age she can't.

Mae got home from School and collapses on their sofa.

"Mae, tomorrow you'll go to sapphire lake to visit grandma for the week. Go and pack your clothes ,but I'm sure that grandma will have prepared clothes for you." Mae's mother says while cooking dinner in the kitchen.

Mae lays on the sofa and just fell asleep.
Mae's mother checked on her and finds her sleeping like a log, Mae's mother took off Mae's shoes and sock and went upstairs to pack her clothes and prepared the everything she will need for tomorrow.

Mae woke up just a few minutes later, her phone alarm was ringing, she turned it off, changed clothes and started her PC to study. The clock's hands rotate as the clouds pass by her window. Mae's mother called her down for dinner right after the she went back upstairs to finish her task.

She finally lays down on her bed, and without even a minute she falls asleep.

| Saturday 2:00pm |
Mae and her mother arrived at train station, her mother contently remind her and checks her things before the trial arrivs.
"Are you sure you have all your stuff? your phone ,wallet , extra clothes and wha--" Mae's mother shutters

"Yes, mom all of it is in here." Mae smiles

"ok then just be careful if grandma isn't there yet just don't wander around, ok." Mae's mom hugs her.

"yes ,mom I will be careful."she smiles again.

The train arrives and waves good bye to her mother. Trees passed for more that a thousand time as the same for the clouds. As she was drawing Mae's phone rings.

"Aren't you excited to see grandma again?" said Mae's mom. while she rides the train

"Yes, yes I am mom........ am just excited to get some time with grandmother" said Mae.

After a small talk with her mom she lost signal
*Sorry the signal here is weak please try again in a different place.*

" ......hmm, I must be close to sapphire lake"

While she waits for the train to arrive at sapphire lake station she draws for a bit. As the sun gets closer to the horizon the train arrives at the station she takes her things.

As she got down her grandmother greets her with a warm hug and told her that she had grown a lot, they took a ride to her grandmother's mansion.

Mae was stunned when she saw the mansion cause she isn't used to big houses just tall buildings in the city. Her grandmother brewed her brown tea and cookies.

They talked for a while Mae's grandmother asks about her school, her friends and all of her favorite things, but all her answers, she lied, she lied because she didn't want her grandmother to worry about her, that she doesn't have any friends at school.

Mae's grandmother wanted to give her something , something special a family heirloom
a cat shape pendant necklace. Her grandmother asks her to take good care of it because it's a gift from her mother and a gift from her grandmother.

"I promise that I will take good care of it."
Mae said to her grandmother.

"It's getting late why don't you go to bed."
she calls the maid. "please show my little Mae's bedroom." she said politely.

"right this way madam."the maid lead her to her room.

"Wooooow! this room is sooo big and spacious."
She said in amazement.

She sprints around the room , jumps on the big bed fit for a princess a spacious bathroom a study area and a balcony which she can see the garden. She saw many many fireflies flying around it made the garden looked even more magical. A big willow tree is in the center of the garden. After admiring the beautiful garden she slowly get sleepy.
She changes her clothes and went to bed and without even a minute she falls asleep.

Two cats are sitting outside the balcony looking at her as she falls asleep.
Early in the morning Mae's grandmother made her , her spacial pancakes and tea.

"Good morning my deary, had a good night sleep?"

"Yes grandma," she yawns.

"I made you pancakes and tea, come and eat breakfast is the important meal of the day." Mae's grandmother says while smiling

Mae smiles and sits down. While she eats, her grandmother reads a book while sipping tea.
Right after Mae finish up her breakfast she went to the garden to get fresh air. Then dozens of cat came to her. She was scared at first, but when the cats started purr and cuddle around her she laughed and smiled. Then when her grandmother came to her, the cats sits next to her and asks for food.

Mae's grandmother then asks Mae to help her feed the cats. The cats followed them patiently and ate the cat foods. Mae asks her grandmother why are there so many cats?
and her grandmother reply that that is cats are all strays and she gave them food and shelter. And they come here everyday, Mae's grandmother like their company and she continue to give them food and shelter, and now her garden is full of cats now.

Mae's grandma stood up and asks if Mae is ok that she leaves Mae, because Mae's grandmother has to go and visit a friend of hers, the maids is in the mansion so she is not be all alone. Mae said that's it fine and that she'll just play with the cats.

As Mae's grandmother leaves Mae was left in the garden she play for awhile, but as soon her stomach rumbles as she got up a cat pounced on her and something glowed.......