Chapter Thirty Two

Kenji's POV

"Okay so this is what we know so far from Yau. Xander showed up in Rosemore less than a month after his death. Or after you guys had left for Egypt." Titus says relaying what she told him after he had met with her this morning.

"She managed to hand over a bunch of his stuff to Titus. Things she thought would be important." I tell Mel.

"Xander was already starting to remember you Mel. Glimpses of you or moments of memory. He would write them down in his journal."

"If his mind is already starting to remember that's a good thing right?" Mel asks

"It is. But we need to speed it up a bit. He needs to remember everything and not just you." I tell her.

"We need to ask him if he wants that. Or at least let him know that getting his memory back is an option." Titus said making me turn to him.

"Wait you're giving him a choice? And what if he says no?" I ask shocked by this.

"It's not right to take away someone's choice." He whispers and I hear Mel gasp beside me. I turn to face her and she's looking at Titus with a look I can't pinpoint yet. There are too many emotions.

"You remember that." She whispers looking down with a small smile on her face. I watch him watch her before he clears his throat.

"Besides I think he'll agree considering he had this." Titus pulls out a picture and places it on the table. I look at it and watch Mel gently run her fingers over it.

It's a picture of her. It looks a little worn. Like it's been held one too many times over the past two years. I remember this moment. I remember this picture.

"It's the missing picture. The one on the mantle. He took it." Mel says softly.

"He's still in there. He's just fighting it. I think a part of his brain knows the truth. He's terrified of it being right. Of him being a murderer." The way Titus says it, I know he's partially talking about himself and how he felt when he was working for Alistair.

"Then it's settled. We're going to help him." I say sighing.

"I'll talk to him. I'll lay his options out, tell him as much as I can. Try to convince him. Ease him into everything."

"Titus you don't have to..." I'm cut off when he raises his hand and shakes his head.

"No I do. It'll be harder for you guys. To see him like that. Eventually you'll have to, but we can hold it off for a bit longer. When you see him next I want him to be the person he was, or at least someone willing to remember the person he was." Titus says standing straight and shutting the journal.

"I'm weirdly attracted to you right now." I mumble earning a laugh from him and a glare from Mel.

"Sorry Ken, you're not my type. I'm more into perky blondes." He smirks. Mel scoffs rolling her eyes and walking away.

"I'm going to make dinner for myself. You two can starve." She announces.

"Well. I'll leave you to it." I say stepping out as well. Xander's gonna have to work a little extra hard when he gets back if he'll want to win Mel's heart. Because Titus is a little too perfect.

Xander's POV

I had her against the wall. My hands on either side of her head. I leaned my head down. My forehead almost touching hers.

"You think you're cute don't you?"

"I know I am."

"Do you now?"