new year, still the same

Tok Aba had closed down the shop for a few days while Boboiboy and his friends had no school left until later on.

They were all gathered together for a feast in the backyard of Tok Aba's house to celebrate the arrival of a new year on Earth.

Everyone was there! Even Captain Kaizo, Commander KokoCi, Laksamana Tarung and Maskmana.

It's supposed to be a happy day right as they wait for the fireworks? Not for the elemental superhero who is still missing the presence of his beloved father and mother.

No one knew where they went. Maybe some do but don't dare to say a word of their whereabouts.

The elemental superhero sat by the tree as he watched his friends and allies preparing the fireworks for them to blow into the night sky and the feast.

"Master. How come your all gloomy here? Come on, let's have some fun."

Boboiboy looked up surprisingly to his eldest elemental there, leaning against the tree beside him.

"I'll be there in a second, wait-"

"Tell me what happened."

Shivers ran down his spine as he heard the stern tone used by his element.

The same tone that is used to.. kill the enemy last mission too.

"I just miss my parents. It's another year without them."

"Oh. You have us, no need to worry about them. I'm sure they're fine."

You could almost hear the disgust in Halilintar's voice as the mention of his master's parents came up.

Don't get him wrong, he really hated his parents for not even being here for another year. How many year has it been now? Six? Eight?

Who cares.

He has them, Tok Aba, his friends, and everyone else!

Two people not making it won't make a difference.

Right?

"I know. But I just wish they came here even for a minute to celebrate."

"I'm sure they miss you too. We just have to keep going, you know? Celebrate the wins and events, mourn the losses and absence."

Boboiboy chuckled upon hearing that from his eldest element.

"What?"

"It's just, you spoke so wisely!"

"Just because I'm not Solar doesn't mean I'm dumb!" Halilintar pouted as he looked away.

What a child. Just like his master.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

Boboiboy got up and dragged Halilintar to where everybody was.

"Happy New Year!"

They all launched the fireworks, celebrating, eating together like a true family.

________________________

It's short ik but yeah, i'm back! maybe? im on a new account in wattpad too so.. yeah

happy new year! enjoy this oneshot 🤍