𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 17

ఌ

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟴𝘁𝗵(𝗧𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆)

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟴𝘁𝗵
(𝗧𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆)

"You shouldn't have to deal with that, i'll never make you feel like that."

𝟭𝟭:𝟮𝟳 𝗮𝗺

"I expect each of you to have your 700-word essay on the New Deal on my desk by next Monday." Our history teacher said. He continued, but I was too busy staring down at my phone, waiting on Lex to text me back.

Lex and I go way back to when I first moved here. We were only five when our moms met and eventually set up a play date between us two. I remembered I really didn't like her at first because she clinged to me a lot. I finally got used to it, and by the time first grade started, we were best friends.

By the time we made it to middle school, you didn't see me without her. It was then that I realized she wasn't going nowhere, and neither was I. That's the way it's been, even though I knew I wanted more than what we already had.

I should just tell her.

I shook my head at my thought. I felt my phone buzz before I looked at her text and smirked.

I was about to respond until I heard a loud sound across the room. I looked to see that our teacher, Mr. Lyons, had caught Lex with her phone out and was making a scene about it by smacking a ruler against the desk. I could hear small giggles and whispers coming from our classmates about it, but I didn't see anything funny, so I mugged them all, and they stopped. I focus my attention back on my best friend.

"I understand completely," she replied, scrunching up her nose.

I lose my mind when she does that. It's cute as hell, but she hates when people take notice of it. So, I never mentioned it to her.

I forgot to mention that for as long as I knew her, I always knew she had my heart. I figured that since we were best friends and she was always in some sort of relationship, she'd never take me a nigga serious. So for now, imma keep how I feel to myself.