Chapter 7

Recap

"He's the one who said I could call him by his name. Then why is he acting like that never even happened? Fine! If he wants to act like this, then it's totally fine with me. It's not as if I'm dying to talk to him," I mutter to myself, a mix of frustration and confusion clouding my thoughts.

"But you know you want to," a voice inside me taunts.

Ignoring it, I quickly turn around, hurrying inside the tent to focus on my work and try to forget everything that happened.

***************************************

Bhavya's Pov

As Sofia and I leave the main tent, she brings up our plans for a shopping and movie date next week. "So, we're still on for shopping and a movie date next week, right?" she asks eagerly. "Absolutely. I can't wait. It's been years since I've seen Rajasthan," I reply, feeling excited at the prospect. Her face lights up with joy, and we chat animatedly while waiting for the bus to arrive. Once it does, we sit together, discussing outfit ideas for our outing.

After the bus drops me off at home, I walk into the living room to find Maasi and Mausa sitting on the couch. Maasi has an elegant envelope in her hand, and her worried expression catches my attention. "I'm back," I announce, and both of them turn to look at me. Maasi seems relieved to see me, which makes me wonder if something happened while I was out.

"What's wrong? Why are you both looking at me like that?" I ask, feeling a bit anxious. "Oh, it's nothing, beta. We were just a bit worried since you were late," Vijay Mausa reassures me. "Why don't you go freshen up? We'll talk after dinner," Maasi suggests. I nod, feeling a sense of relief, and head to my room. After placing my bag and phone on the desk, I change into comfortable clothes and then head to the bathroom to freshen up before dinner.

 After placing my bag and phone on the desk, I change into comfortable clothes and then head to the bathroom to freshen up before dinner

Afterward, I go downstairs to the dining room for dinner and sit beside Maasi. The maids serve me some delicious shahi paneer, naan, rice, and dal on my plate. We all eat quietly, but I can feel a bit of tension in the air.

After dinner, Maasi asks me to join her in the living room. As I sit beside her, she takes my hand in hers. I wonder what's going on. "Bhavya beta, aaj subha humare liye ek invitation aya tha Rathore parivar ke taraf se. (Bhavya, my child. This morning, we received an invitation from the Rathore family for us.)" Rathore Family!! "Unke haveli me agle week ke Tuesday ko ek bohot badi pooja rakhi hai unke pote ke liye. Toh unhone hume bhi bulaya hai. (They have organized a grand ceremony at their mansion next week on Tuesday for their grandson. So, they have invited us as well.)" she explains, handing me the envelope she was holding earlier.

)" she explains, handing me the envelope she was holding earlier