Babysitting

(14 years old)

     I was getting up this morning at nine o'clock. It was a Friday and there was no school today, so someone asked me yesterday to babysit for them. Of course I agreed because I love kids, so I got up and got dressed. Will and Jay were both off work today, so they were going to run some errands today.

     I packed my bag with my essentials and then met with my friend Cameron's mom. She has two younger siblings, so her mom asked me to babysit for her today. Cameron has appointments and her mom has to go, meanwhile her dad has to work all day.

     "Hey Audrey." Cameron's mom said as I hopped into the passenger seat.

     "Hi Misses Clark." I said as she drove off.

     "Please, call me Cassandra." She told me smiling.

     We eventually arrived at the house and we went inside. Immediately Cameron's little brother and sister came and jumped in my arms. I gave them hugs and they returned it. They pulled me into the kitchen where Cameron was and showed me some stuff in the kitchen.

     "Ok, I said that they could bake with you if they wanted to, and of course if you want to. I left some phone numbers on the kitchen, the medicine is in this cabinet, and there is pizza and spaghetti in the fridge." Cassandra said walking me through everything. Even if I have already babysat for her before, she likes to remind me every time. "We shouldn't be gone too long, I'll be home a little bit after supper probably around six tonight. Call me if you need anything!" She said as she left the house before I could even say goodbye to her and Cameron.

     I turned to the kids with a smile. "So, what do you two wanna do?"

     They shared a look. "BAKE!" They yelled in sync making me laugh.

     "Ok let's go." I said as I led them to wash their hands first.

     We washed our hands then got the ingredients and utensils out that we needed. I started the oven at 450 degrees and it was preheating. We mixed all the wet ingredients then all the dry ingredients and combined them together. They were mixed an the kids helped me place them on a cookie sheet. We then put them in the oven and started a timer for them too cook.

     "What do you want to do while we wait?" I questioned the kids.

     "I don't know" Mikey said to me.

     "How about we go color, ya?" I smiled at them.

     "OK!" Melony exclaimed.

     The kids ran to the dining table and I got them out their coloring books, pencil crayons, and crayons. Melony is almost four, and Mikey is almost six, but their mom has a rule of them not being allowed markers.

     Twenty minutes later the buzzer rang and all of the cookies were finished and ready to be eaten. I was placing them in a container when Mikey came into the kitchen. I looked at him confused, but when I saw his wide eyes my frown deepened.

     "What's wrong Mikey?" I asked worriedly.

     "It's Melony." He told me.

     "What happened?" I asked him as he lead me to her and I saw her lying on the floor lifelessly.

     "I don't know. We were coloring and then she said her head hurt, so I said for her to lay down. But when she got up to go on the couch, she collapsed." He ranted.

     "Ok." I said trying not to panic. I felt her forehead, then felt her cheeks. She was a little warm, and that's not good. Ok, ok, I need to focus. Call Will he's a doctor, he'll know what to do. And that's just what I did.