7 - Engagement (1) ✨

💫🌹💫

Yukta's POV

Finally!! Today is out engagement. I'm so Excited. And Nervous.

Right now I'm getting ready in my room as we have to leave at 6 PM to reach the venue. Prisha and Avni are helping me to get ready. Papa and chacha ji have already gone to the venue to make sure all the preparations are done properly. Mumma and Chachi are getting ready in other room.

I'm feeling so many emotions that I can't even express. Today is the beginning of a new chapter of my life and honestly I'm really excited for this.

"Oh my God look at you Di, so beautiful. Jiju is definitely going to faint after seeing you!!" Avni exclaimed.

I looked in the mirror and smiled shyly at her words and they both started teasing me.

Just then mumma and chachi came in the room, asking us "Are you all ready? We have to leave now or else we'll get late!!"

"Yes aunty everything's done. But first look at your pretty daughter." Prisha said.

Mumma came forward and looked at me. "Oh, my baby is looking so beautiful." She said as her eyes got moist.

"Oh no Badi ma this is not the time to get emotional, you are going to ruin all of our eye makeup." Avni said that very dramatically trying to lighten up the mood. Everyone chuckled at her antics.

After that we all left for the venue as it was 5:30 PM.

Soon we reached there and papa and chacha ji came to meet us. Papa also got all emotional seeing me all ready to get engaged but this time mumma handled the situation.

He also told us that the groom's family had not come yet. After that we came in the room reserved for the bride at the venue and waited there.

After 10 minutes they also came there as papa came to call us.

Now I'm getting even more nervous.

💫🌹💫

Ritik's POV

Right now I'm sitting on the sofa placed on the stage waiting for the ceremony to start. Just then Akshay  came on my side and whispered in my ears, "Bhai, what about having a look at Bhabhi before engagement? You know sneaking in without anyone knowing and all filmy stuff?"

I looked at him and my bestfriend, both wiggling their eyebrows at me.

I don't want to accept, but THAT sounds really exciting. Okay I don't want these fools to know that I'm excited about their stupid little plan.

"Whatever that cannot happen right now. The guests are coming and our parents are sitting right in front of us." I said looking around at all the people.

"Don't worry about that when we are here. Just wait and watch." Ritik said and started walking towards my mom and dad. Akshay also joined him.

"Mom how much time is left for the ceremony to begin?" Akshit asked.

"Around 10 minutes, why?"

"Uh nothing aunty actually Ritik wanted to fix his hairstyle a little bit, so we will just go to the dressing room and be back." Ritik said and before mom could reply they came to my side held my arms and dragged me from there.