Ducks Fly Together pt2

I just watch the team and smile. 'These are my friends! They all came to help me. I don't deserve them.' I think as I hug Fulton's neck tighter for a second.

Fulton looks over his shoulder to smile at me before turning back. I close my eyes and listen to my friends.

Before I knew it we were back at my house. I jump off Fulton's back and look around, worried Rob might be hiding, waiting somewhere.

Fulton sees and lightly places his hand on my shoulder. He leans in and whispers. "I can stay with you if you like. You know just so you feel safe." I look over at him and nod slightly.

He smiles at me waiting by the gate as I go to stand at my door and look at all of my friends. They all start to say their goodbyes, each giving me a hug or fist bump.

Dean gives me a big hug and hands me Fulton's stick. "If that dick comes back, beat him with this." He says. I chuckle at that and wave him goodbye.

Connie hugs me and smiles. She waves goodbye before taking Guy's hand and they walk off.

I turn to Charlie, who looks at me worried. "Are you gonna be ok all alone?" He asks with his arms Crossed.

I look at him in the eyes. "I'll be ok. Fulton offered to stay with me for a bit. I think he's worried Rob might come back." I say rubbing my arm.

"And what if he does? I should stay too." I grab his shoulders.

"I don't think he will. He's probably off, punching something. You should go home. I'll be ok. I'll just pretend I'm not home or something. Plus Fulton could take him." I say looking over at the dark-haired man leaning against my fence.

Charlie looks at me and nods. "Ok... But be careful. You were lucky to just have a few bruises." He gives me a hug before walking down my path and patting Fulton on the shoulder. He waves as he exits the gate and walks off.

Fulton waves back at him before walking up the path to the front door. I unlock it and he holds it open for me.

"Now let's find somewhere away from the front windows to hang out." He says walking into my house.

I grab his sleeve and walk down the hallway to my bedroom. I leave all the lights on the way off. And walk into the room. I let go and climb onto my bed, pulling my knees up to my chest and patting the spot next to me.

Fulton looks at me confused before shrugging and taking a seat next to me. He leans back and lays down. I turn to look at him and smile.

Looking forward I say. "Thanks for staying with me. Wanted you to, uh, well someone at least but didn't want to say anything. But I also don't think I could handle everyone for much longer." I sigh and lay down next to him.

He nods and looks up at the roof. He sighs sadly. "So you wouldn't have minded someone else being here?" He asks.

"Uh, well..." I blush and stare at the roof. "I mean, I'm glad it's you. You're comfortable to be around. You make me feel safe. Plus if it was someone else they'd probably be trying to coddle me and fretting." I explain.

He rolls over to his side to look at me, holding his head up with his hand. "So I'm just here to be security?" He asks.

I laugh and look at him, eyebrows furrowed. "What? No, you're here because you offered and I want you here. If you were just security, you'd be sitting guard at the door." I say looking into his eyes.

Our faces mere inches away, he lays his head down and moves his hand to brush some hair out of my face. He smiles. "So, what? I'm here to be a human teddy bear? To comfort you?" He whispers jokingly.

"If you want..." I whisper back, cheeks settling to a dusty pink as I watch his face in a dreamy haze.

He slowly slips his arm under my body and around my waist pulling me into his chest. He looks deep into my eyes, silently as he lays his other arm around me, hugging me lightly.

I sigh and lay my head against his chest taking a calming breath. 'What! How did this happen? Am I actually cuddling Fulton?... This is nice. Just... Don't ruin it.' I think closing my eyes.

He softly lays his cheek against the top of my head. I can feel him smile. He smooths out my hair in a soothing way and hums softly.

I nuzzle my head into his chest as I feel my body finally give in to the fatigue. My eyelids flutter close. Slowly I drift into a warm comforting slumber.

~

I'm awoken by a stream of light, piercing directly into my eyes. I groan, turning my head and curl into whatever I am hugging.

'Wait, what am I hugging?' I think as I hear a deep moan and feel, whatever, no, whoever it is shift slightly.

I tilt my head up to look at them. "Mmh, good morning." Fulton says softly, slightly chuckling. He stretches before pulling me closer into a tight hug. "Mmm need more sleep..." He says closing his eyes again.

I blush, and nod, I lay my head back on his chest, closing my eyes as well. I take a deep breath, breathing in his intoxicating smell.

"I could stay like this forever!" I mumble in bliss, thinking I said it in my head.

Fulton chuckles. "Yeah, me too."

------------------------------

I feel like this is badly written but also it's so cute and the whole story is over 2000 words so I'm happy.

Speaking of which, the only reason this is in 2 parts is because I use a grammar app that freaks out if I have over 1500 words, so I have to split it up.

Love you

Bye

Drew X