run as far as you can

"run." your best friend's words sent chills down your spine. "run away, far from here. get the fuck out of here, y/n. don't look back, never look back."

you pack your things as quickly as you can in an old and messy duffel bag, not caring if it made a mess or it looks like it's been flipped outside down, you just wanted to get out of this hellhole right away.

"i've booked a flight for you, but it'll board tomorrow.

hang on until then."

you look at your personal calendar, one he doesn't even know you had one, and
the marked date was staring at you.

you then looked at the clock. 11 AM. your flight is at 3 PM.

"i'll make sure he's out of the house for a few hours, utilize that time to pack your things and get out of there."

thank you, Fifi.

she smiled at you and gave you a wad of cash. "go back to your family."

you bolted out of there as soon as you got everything you needed for 19 hours.

.

it had been a year since you moved into this unknown country.

your boyfriend didn't explain anything. he knew the language, he's fluent even, but didn't say anything. he just stated he wanted to visit his family and hometown, with you along, saying he'll introduce you to them, and them to you.

but it has been exactly 15 months since he said that, and you still hadn't met a single member in his family.

you asked him about it many times, but he just effortlessly changed the subject many times and it was just irritating you. you two even had a nasty fight about it, and you decided that you'll never ask about it again, seeing as you will gain nothing from it.

1 year turned into 2 years and 8 months living in this country, and you still haven't learned the language yet.

you tried to, but your boyfriend stopped you, saying there was no need for it, and he could speak for you.

..although there was no one here you could talk to, except him. it's pretty much pointless. plus, none of the people here speaks English, not until you met Fifi, of course.

you and Fifi met when you were out buying medicine for your sick boyfriend after he insisted you shouldn't do such a thing, but alas, he passed out. you immediately became friends.

you had learned that Fifi wasn't from here, and that she only came here to get away from her abusive family. and so far, she had become independently strong, she had yet to speak the language though. it's pretty difficult to understand.

and you wonder how she managed to live in a city where not one single person understood her.

..it has been exactly 4 years since you've been living here.

you wanted to go home. you wanted to see your family again. you spent 4 Christmas and New years without them, and that saddened you every year. but your boyfriend reassured you, and told you that he'll handle everything. just be patient.

but it was driving you insane. you badly missed them. you wanted to see them. your boyfriend doesn't even call or facetime them, he was just... insufferable.
too much.

to the point you wanted to leave him.

and here you are now, in front of the huge airport infront of you, your heart pounding excitedly against your chest.

you're going home.

you dropped your bag out of sheer happiness, creating a loud-

BANG! (tried making a transition to his pov and it didn't make sense why a duffel bag would create a BANG! sound lol, js go with the flow)

the door rattled, swinging back and forth with a broken squeaking sound, its hinges nearly coming off due to the force.

he panted, his whole figure darkens upon hearing nothing but dead silence from the empty house.

you.... weren't here.

he inhales sharply, his blood-stained knuckles dripping from his fists. he starts to laugh.

ah.. he's going insane.

you.

you adorable little thing.

thinking you can just run away from him?

he pulled out his phone and dialed a number he remembered by 4 digits.

"finish the girl, and then meet me at the airport. you better be there on time or i'm gonna fucking cut your throat."

he angrily hang up and tossed the phone somewhere, knocking something over and making it shatter as well. he didn't bother to check, he just turned around and focused on getting you back.

.

2 hours.

you've been tapping your foot away, looking around every other minute and trying to calm down your pounding heart for 2 hours.

so far, nothing has happened, there were a lot of people around and that eased you a bit. but that doesn't mean you have to let your guard down.

you lowered your cap to cover most of your facial features, in hopes that maybe in the small chance of him finding you, he wouldn't.

it is a really, really small chance.

..but never zero.

you froze in your spot the second you heard vigorous steps, multiple men and.. one angry, familiar voice yelling at them in the language this country speaks.

it's him.

and.. other men?

are they working for him?

you couldn't question any further as he run past you, just a meter away. and that made your whole nervous system go haywire. you just tensed up in your seat, not daring to make a move.

fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

how did he even know you were here? was his first instinct was to check the airport?

as much as you wanted to sit still and act like not a y/n, curiosity got the best of you and kept on wondering where he went. maybe if he's not on sight, you could move somewhere else..

you turned around and-

"found you."

.

you struggled against your binds.

"-and then you left me like that! how funny, isn't it?!" your boyfriend laughed maniacally, his head throwing back while you glared at him. "ha.. you're truly adorable, y/n. i could just lock you up and let no one but me see you." you cringe at his insane idea.

"you're one crazy son of a bitch. you wouldn't let me see my family, so i had the right to leave! it's been 4 years since i last saw them!" you huffed, your head already aching just by explaining it to him.

you were about to say more, but the look on his face kept you from doing so. he looked... really pissed. you've never seen him this angry before.

and you were scared.

"y/n, y/n, y/n." he shook his head, seemingly disappointed. "can't you see?" he leaned closer to your face. "you don't need anyone. anyone but me." he cupped your cheeks. "you don't need Fifi.." your eyes widen, now your questions about his scrapped knuckles are answered. "you only need me."

he squished your cheeks together, making you purse your lips into a pout. he stared at it for a moment, before leaning in, his fingers tucking your hair behind your ear.

"only me."